Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fiamma bike rack on a Transit Custom
  • mildred

Fiamma don’t do a specific bike rack for the transit custom with twin rear doors, they only do the Custom version for the big single door like on a Tourneo.

Has anyone fitted or adapted one of the multitude of VW specific racks to fit. As far as I can see the top mounts, which fit over the top edge of the door, will be the main problem.

Has anyone done this or come up with something different?

ElShalimo

Not sure if this will work on your van but on our 2009 LWB Transit we had a Fiamma Ducato rack fitted, they cut the frame to the narrower door width.

aP
    Free Member

Could you fabricate new top brackets? We have a barndoor T5 Fiamme rack we don’t use.

mildred

I don’t actually know if I’d need to fabricate any brackets; the best info’ I can get from Fiamma is:

“it is unlikely the profile of the custom door would match the profile of the transporter door”

Which isn’t particularly helpful.

There is a generic version of the rack that would fit but also involves drilling through the door, which I’d like to avoid.

aP – if you want to email me about yours my address is mark2404 AT iCloud DOT com

littledave
    Free Member

I own a transit custom high top with double doors and a Fiamma bike rack on the right door.
    Our fitment has brackets attached to the door, drilled through the door skin.
    This may not be ideal for you however I can send photos later if that may help.

mildred

Yes please – pics would be good. the Fiat Ducato, Peugeot boxer type has an internal rail that spreads the load but I don’t know about the generic version. I am trying to avoid drilling but if that’s the only way then I’ll have to swallow it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fiamma bike rack on a Transit Custom’ is closed to new replies.