Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • FFS! WTF? Grrr….. Kill!
  • grumm
    Free Member

Edit: Sorry double post

grumm
    Free Member

Hate the buggers G! My point simply is that there are no politicians to blame for the fat one feeding her kids chips, just the braindead useless pleb herself.

Wow you are quite the charmer.

God forbid any of you or the people you care about should find yourself in a bad situation, presumably it would be all your own fault and you should get no help or sympathy.

If it’s not Thatcher’s fault, who’s fault is it that you are such a selfish, vindictive twunt?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mysterymurdoch – Member

……….. Give her kids a chance by allowing some more intelligent people to look afte them! ……………..

And where are you going to find these tens of thousands of foster parents? foster parents are in short supply anyway. How are you going to pay for it? Fostering is expensive.

I have deliberately refrained from suggesting solutions because I simply don’t know of any. that certainly isn’t one.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

65 per cent of mums NEVER cook meals from scratch.

I was in Mothercare recently and you can *actually get ‘Ice cube tray’ style plastic trays with lids so you can cook food and freeze it in baby-sized portions.

*I say ‘actually’ but they are probably very commonplace but as I am just about to enter the wonderful world of parenthood I was happily oblivious for years.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

No newspaper, not even the Scum, can print lies.

RB you have excelled yourself in irony :o) The question is rather “How often does the truth sneak through?”. Less than one might hope 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i read it was between 1 and 7 you leant ‘stuff’ (i.e. your personality, behaviour, social skills, heierachy, etc)

And at 7 your pretty much setup for life and whatever you do your personality is unlikely to change. Makes sense to me, I grew up in the middle of (3 seperate) nowhere(s), and as a result find it much easier to make freinds 15-20 years older. I also can’t abide macyD’s, BK, KFC etc and have never cooked a microwave meal for myself.

nickc

Is it an OK reaction just not really to care that much? I’m trying to summon up some sort of indignation at the state (or perhaps not) of this woman and her brood, but in reality she doesn’t really matter to me at all, other that in purely financial terms she probably has an impact on my taxation. Given that that nice Mr Darling wants to rape me for the next half century to bale out his banking chums, I find it hard to get worked up about the couple of hundred she gets each week.

Sorry, not particularly STW, but I don’t care that she feeds her kids mushed up Maccy D’s, or is fat/stupid/unemployed.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

people you care about should find yourself in a bad situation,

But the point isn’t that the woman IS in a bad situation. She is in a situation entirely of her own making. If she can afford to eat MaccyDees, then she can afford to eat properly. She lives with her mother and she provides the daughter and grandchildren with salads and things but they won’t eat them. She just sees ‘convenience’ food as an easy solution because she quite simply cannot be bothered to act like a parent should and devote love, time and attention to her children. That could be because she never had any as a child herself so knows no other way, who knows, but there is simply NO excuse to feed/treat children like that.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I wonder when we are goig to get to the Thatcher event horizon? ie when you can’t blame her anymore and have to face up to everybody else having some responsibility

I also don’t believe that the underclass were not as separated from what TJ calls “society” as they are now. They have always existed and probably always will, its more that no-one reported on them in the daily newspapers/ TV news.

Or was there a “golden age” pre Thatcher when all was well with the country?

G
    Free Member

LOL at the Trekky post. Classic and spot on.

Re: Thatcher the event horizon will be when the insidious impact of her rather nasty policies ceases to effect the rest of us in a demonstrable way.

takisawa2

I was in Mothercare recently and you can *actually get ‘Ice cube tray’ style plastic trays with lids so you can cook food and freeze it in baby-sized portions.

Ha. Reminds me of the evening a fortnight me & the wife would spend cooking butternut squash, sweet potatoe etc, for our two. They probably had no more than a dozen jar meals between them.

I’ll bet that heffer & her story has been somewhat inflated for the reading.
    If its true then they should be removed, Far too many couples out there that could give little mites like that a loving home, but cant get past the left-wing lesbo-gay social workers who decide on adoption applications.

grumm
    Free Member

She is in a situation entirely of her own making.

I disagree. Let’s suppose for a second, making some massive generalisations, that she:

Had young, not particularly well-educated parents herself, who fed her crap and didn’t have much time for her, and that most of the people in her area/social group eat similarly crap food. Being unemployed, she probably watches lots of daytime tv and reads crap newspapers which are full of adverts for rubbishy food. Her kids also watch lots of tv, including adverts which teach kids to pester their parents for junk food, and are attracted by the toys offered with it.

This rubbishy food is easy, cheap, and immediately satisfies basic desires for salt, sugar, fat etc. Most of the shops in here area sell mainly this type of stuff. She was never taught to cook properly and feels unconfident about making even basic meals from scratch.

Personally I know of quite a lot of people in my area like that.

The concept of ‘choice’ in this situation is a bit of bogus Thatcher/Blairite doublespeak. Yes she could one day decide to go to the shop and buy lots of fruit and veg, but there are a number of obvious reasons why this is unlikely to happen, and I don’t believe for a second that she has the same ‘choice’ that I did coming from a nice middle class background where we ate brown rice and tofu.

What is the most likely thing to remedy this situation and perhaps hope to improve things for her and her kids? Referral to NHS weight loss help services, initiatives to encourage healthy eating, perhaps some free healthy activities, education on nutrition, perhaps some attempt to raise her self-esteem to help her get out of a cycle of harmful behaviour?

These things are out there but people need to be encouraged to take advantage of them, instead of saying lets all point at the scummy fatty and tell her how disgusting she is.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

SFB: No newspaper would be able to print/webify an entirely fictitious story, and pass it off as ‘news’. It’s against publishing laws. So, there has to be at least some element of truth in this story. The individual slant a newspaper may put on a story is acceptable under ‘journalistic licence’, but there are still boundaries within which, they must operate.

I believe this story to be at least partially factual.

I find some of the attitudes of some people commenting here, harder to believe.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Big and daft – that certainly is my experience. Of course I have changed over 35 yrs as well but I went to school in Glasgow with kids from Darnley, Arden and Carnwadric – 3 big SSHA estates on the southside of Glasgow. No way even allowing for rose tinted specs were they as grim places then as they are now. There were neds and unemployed and feckless folk – but nothing like as many as there are now. Drugs was not a part of life at all.

It is a simple fact that the underclass has grown and become further from mainstream society over the last 30 yrs.
    There are more single parents now, there are more families who have never known regular work over several generations, there are more problems with drugs. this is unquestionable

IMO and that of many social commentators from all parts of the political spectrum the mass unemployment of the Thatcher years and the “me first” society has definitely contributed greatly.

Some would say this has been happening since the 50s. Some would date it from the early 70s, some from the eighties.

Apportioning blame either to particular changes in society or individuals is of no use. What we as a society need to do is find ways out of this situation and find some hope. Otherwise things will simply get worse.

G
    Free Member

ditto what TJ just said.

mk1fan
    Free Member

I really love living at the pinnacle of modern life. No matter what you do there’ll always be someone saying ‘It’s not your fault it’s Society’s’.

Regardless of our times, there’s always the possibility that this person is just an oxygen thief.

samuri
    Free Member

my wife came from a proper uneducated, impoverished background. Funny, her and all her family don’t seem to have fallen into the same apparently mind sucking chasm that this lady has. Through her I know a lot of people who have never had jobs, have never been educated about nutrition, have fallen into drug and alcohol driven pits of dispair and yet none of them have the attidue that this woman has.

I think she’s a greedy fecker who feeds her children in the same way to hide her own guilt about her own disgusting body (unless of course people think the picture is also a sham) and her constant waddling in the face of the un-ignorable tide of information flowing freely out of her TV about nutrition, healthy eating and parenting. Anyone who hides their own greed behind ‘a thyroid problem’ has given the game way as far as I’m concerned.

If she’s got an eating disorder then so be it but what she is doing to her children is abuse pure and simple. They should give her kids to my sister in law who is a foster parent. She’s satan incarnate but at least she knows how to feed people properly.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

No newspaper would be able to print/webify an entirely fictitious story, and pass it off as ‘news’

Oh, so you mean Saddam DID have WMDs ready for action in 45 minutes ?? Well I never!

samuri
    Free Member

perhaps he did and that woman ate them mistaking them for hot dogs.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

These things are out there but people need to be encouraged to take advantage of them

Like when she was pregnant with the triplets with help avaialble at every turn. She was just too damn dim to take any notice as she would rather be eating fat.

thomthumb
    Free Member

the women and her attitude are a product of human evolution: we have aguably worked for labour saving devices from the dawn of man, from the very first tool, the flint axe, the invention of the wheel through to washing machines, vacumn cleaners and ready meals.

She thinks that preparing a home made meal, with real veg is too much effort – as we have worked towards this for the several thousand years. It is only in recently where we have seen what could be the crest of labour saving, we actually need to expend energy in other ways, cycling anyone?, to burn off the calories that we eat other than our days work. It is a difficult place to be in especially when you do not have the mental aptitude to think – actually maybe this is saving a little bit too much energy, maybe i should cook.

and as for not wanting to teach your children “you need to watch what they eat” er yes love you do need to watch it otherwise you will end up with an arse the size of a small city car! 😯

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for someone to identify the “golden age” pre Thatcher

blaming all the massive social changes on her is a cop out. The situation is far more complex than “Thatcher ruined the country”.

12 years of a Labour government what social change have they affected? (other than massage employment/incapacity stats)

is social engagement higher or lower, is the underclass more or less embedded? why did we have to import labour from eastern europe?

It is likely that future generations may be talking about the “Brown legacy” in the same way as Thatcher is now. I would argue that we are now more “me first” than ever before.

grumm
    Free Member

12 years of a Labour government what social change have they affected? (other than massage employment/incapacity stats)

A Labour government which has largely carried on Thatcher’s legacy.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Is that her fault as well?

samuri
    Free Member

carrying on the ‘It’s Thatcher’s fault’ thing is just like that fat woman.

“It’s not my fault I’m screwed up, I’ve got a Thatcher problem”

“That woman is just a product of Thatcher marketing and poor education”

“this story is just a complete Thatcher of lies”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Big and daft – I very carefully have not said that. Its all far too complex to blame it on one factor. I would be interested to know if you are old enough to have know life as an adult before thatcher tho. I personally am convinced that the mass unemployment she created deliberately and the greed and “me first” society she encouraged have done a lot of this damage.

Golden era? maybe the 50s? Maybe the late 60s early 70s

As for the last 12 yrs child poverty has been decreased greatly as has pensioner poverty. Problem is this has been mainly the “deserving poor” rather than the underclass we are talking about. The very bottom few % have not seen their lot improve at all. The next few % have seen their lot improve a fair bit, the mniddle classes much the same as it was and the greedy rich have well and truely got their snouts in the trough.

There has been a clear redistribution of wealth towards poorer folk – but it ain’t reached some at the very bottom of society.

GrahamS

I doubt the story is made-up at all. That would be illegal. No newspaper, not even the Scum, can print lies. I’ve emailed a mate who works for them, to ask him.

No newspaper would be able to print/webify an entirely fictitious story, and pass it off as ‘news’. It’s against publishing laws. So, there has to be at least some element of truth in this story.

erm…

Pics from uncyclopedia

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don’t disagree with any of that Big and daft. Have a look at the tories who got caught tho – rather bigger figures. Its all a part of the problem tho – political class arrogant and divorced from the people of the country is deffo a part of it

I am no slavish Labour supporter. Occasionally I even meet Captain flasheart somewhere around the back of the allegorical bike shed

BigDummy
    Free Member

Are you suggesting that no statue of Elvis has been found on Mars? I am disappointed.

Presumably the Sunday Sport gets around the publishing laws to which Rudeboy refers by not in fact being a newspaper, in much the same way that not everything in Viz, Razzle or Piers Morgan’s autobiography is strictly true. 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

The Sunday Sport is not a newspaper. It is an ‘entertainment’ periodical.

And anyone who thinks it is a newspaper, probbly can’t read anyway, so no worries.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I haven’t read this thread only glanced through it, but the most shocking thing which has caught my eye are RudeBoy’s comments claiming that the Sun wouldn’t lie because it is ‘illegal’ 😯

The Sun tells a pack of lies everyday, but the police as far as I know, have never arrested a Sun editor. The Sun can, and does, say whatever it wants, whether or not it’s true.

Of course it makes them liable be sued, but they obviously tend to be careful not to tell lies about people who are likely to sue them. Occasionally they screw up, do it to the wrong person and they end up paying substantial damages. But I doubt very much whether they worry about being ‘extremely economical with the truth’ when it comes to people who haven’t a pot to piss in.

And of course they can tell whatever lies they want about, for instance, the Labour Party, in the full knowledge that they won’t be sued. One of the Sun’s most famous headlines was “Crisis? what Crisis?” which they claimed was a quote from the then prime minister Jim Callaghan, this was a complete lie and of course the Sun was never taken to court over it.

And perhaps RudeBoy you can tell me how the Sun would fall foul of the law if it told lies about the Iranian president ? Bearing in mind that he would be unlikely to drag them through the British courts.

GrahamS

RudeBoy: I can’t believe a self-confessed conspiracy nut thinks that the papers never lie!
    Is that like an anti-conspiracy or something?

May I commend http://the-sun-lies.blogspot.com

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Get a grip, you lot. Of course papers lie. Or rather, they report the news according to the facts that they have. They’re not stupid; hundreds of lawyers work for major titles.

But to completely fabricate a story like this, would be ridiculous. Far too blatant. They have undoubtedly embellished this story, of course, but they will have been careful not to have printed owt which could possibly see them in court.

Feel free to prove this story is entirely a work of fiction if you like, I’m really not that bothered.

Anyway, that’s not the issue, here.

GrahamS; I prefer to keep an open mind on things, than accept the ‘official line’ every time. The term ‘conspiracy nut’ is used by those who don’t possess sufficient courage to question things themselves.

The ‘facts’ of this story are; obese woman does not in any way feed her triplets very well.

The same thing is probbly repeated up and down the land. It’s just that this particular story is a bit more juicy than most.

Certainly provided the vultures on here, with a feast…

timdrayton
    Free Member

I belive i have discovered a hidden subtext to the story

Re read the story with the oompa loompa song in your head.

her surname is Salt

She is dressed all in blue and shaped like a blue berry

She needs to go the juicing room!

* off to see what other Sun storys fit, and then to write a documentary called the Dahl Code

nickc

I think you may be onto something. Ever see Ronald McDonald and Willy Wonka in the same room at the same time?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m touched by RB’s staunch defence of truth and honesty in reporting, though on reflection I’m inclined to think it’s completely tongue in cheek :o)

grizzlygus
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Member

That would be illegal. No newspaper, not even the Scum, can print lies.

Posted 9 hours ago

RudeBoy – Member

Get a grip, you lot. Of course papers lie.

Posted 12 minutes ago

Sorry RudeBoy, I don’t know how I came to misunderstand you – I promise I’ll try to get a grip in future.

BTW, how did the Sun get inside her house to take photos (Copyright News Group Newspaper Ltd) ? Did they pay her ? Did she have to sign a ‘disclaimer’ before she received her money ?

Still, if the Sun had to pay a tidy sum it will have been worth it, after all, she given them all the ‘perfect’ answers to their questions.

And everybody agrees that it was a great story – probably worth posting on an internet forum, I dare say.

GrahamS

Most popular story on The Sun website today and caused plenty of chatter, so what ever they paid for it was worth it.

We all get to pour scorn on a jobless fatty and The Sun sell a few more adverts.

Everyone’s a winner.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 147 total)

The topic ‘FFS! WTF? Grrr….. Kill!’ is closed to new replies.