Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • FFS! (Weather content)
  • ton

I have embraced the weather full on. ridden every day since new years day.
    bad weather is only a frame of mind…..my frame of mind is so so strong of late. 8)

derek_starship
    Free Member

got blasted with snow on the way home last night, windy, thunder and lightening

D0NK – were you in Bolton?

teethgrinder

Snowing in Barnard Castle right now.

D0NK

derek aye

Stoner
    Free Member

Well there goes the electricity.

Had a couple of spikes after it went off so have thrown the isolators until it stops so as to protect any appliances.

Thank the lord for wood burners, stove top kettles, Portable Wifi hotspots and cup-a-soups…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

So glad I’m not working outside.

pictonroad

I was properly hot in a t shirt on last night’s ride. Now it’s looking like I’ll be getting a lift home. Pretty windy down here on the South Coast.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Rain and very heavy windy in leafy Surrey. Baton down time again!

Just seen someone go past in brand new wellies and a brand new Barbour – must be a politician come to see the river!

footflaps

Had a couple of spikes after it went off so have thrown the isolators until it stops so as to protect any appliances.

What no wood pellet driven back up generator?

#isdissapointed

molgrips
    Free Member

In the last few hours it got really windy in Cardiff, and in the last 30 minutes it’s mental. It’s like being up in the mountains. Wheelie bins all over the place!

bad weather is only a frame of mind…..my frame of mind is so so strong of late.

There’s no way I am going out in this. I might not stay on the bike, and even if I did the chance of me holding a line is about zero.

Stoner
    Free Member

What no wood pellet driven back up generator?

unfortunately No 🙁

I did have my eye on either pinching the leisure battery and inverter from the campervan or carrying the generator around to the wood shed next to the house. Failing all that I reckon I could rig the mrs and her turbo trainer up to something 🙂

Fortunately I had enough battery juice to last until the power just came on.

brassneck

I got 3 feet deep of water on my commute that must be a figment of my imagination then

Sue_W
    Free Member

Red Weather Warning now issued for North and West Wales – hurricane force winds / severe gales up to 100mph. Expecting widespread structure damage, road closures etc.

Already pretty bad here in Snowdonia but due to get worse in the next few hours – stay safe out there folks.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just heard a banging sound, and thought something had been dislodged and was blowing around in the wind. I was half right – the bloke behind’s fence has blown down and he’s trying to fix it back up.

Pillock.. wait til the wind’s died down!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Looking forward to Cheesyfeet’s “Canyon warranty” thread 😛

Stoner
    Free Member

three more tiles lost. Got a big hole on the hip ridge now :(. Will have to get up there with the ladder and some mortar tomorrow if the wind has dropped. Just glad Ive got the roofer booked to come in in the spring for a complete new roof.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh wait.. he’s not trying to re-erect it, he’s just trying to separate it from the ruins of its foundations so he can move it somewhere safe. Good man.

Dickyboy

don’t think I’ll bother attempting the 250 mile drive to Hereford & back this weekend 🙁

stumpy01

molgrips – Member
    It’s like being up in the mountains. Wheelie bins all over the place!

Do you get wheelie bins all over the place in the mountains? 😀
    Probably will after all this wind!

I actually went out for a ride yesterday evening that wasn’t in the pouring down rain or monstrous wind. It was a bit gusty, but not too bad.
    Back to the ‘normal’ now of grey skies and strong winds.

andyl
    Free Member

ton – Member

I could do with a bit of what you are on Ton. Having a rotten year so far 🙁

although I do like going out in extreme weather as it makes you forget just about everything else and really blows away the cobwebs. Had to walk 1km there and back to check the sheep before. 50mph rain in the face really hurts and you know when the wind is really strong when you can’t breathe if you face into it. Even the dog was struggling. Great stuff 😀

Although I now have the silly problem that I’ll let the waterproofing on all my jackets lapse. Need to get the goretex in the tumble drier and re-wax the barbour this weekend.

Klunk
    Free Member

wind recorded in North Wales at 108mph.

midlifecrashes

Just back from a tenant’s house. Water coming in round the door frame of the back door, thankfully just from a dislodged gutter above. Not the day for going up the ladder to clip it back together. Frame seal and maybe pointing needed too. So far no flooding to speak of round here. Fingers crossed.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fences down all over the place here now.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The trampoline is holding on….,

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve properly had enough of this. I don’t mind the rain or the snow or the cold but this wet, windy incessantly gloomy weather is inhibiting my mirth.

It’s like living in Scotland FFS.

andyl
    Free Member

mlc – was it your tennant? Wish our landlord would come round and look at the many leaks, damp patches, mould patches etc etc that we have been complaing about since before Christmas. Getting beyond a joke now.

binners

Good fun driving over the tops by the wind turbines. Branches and wheely bins all over the road further down. The car was rocking, then Something very solid hit it! Nearly shat myself! Doesn’t seem to have done any damage that I can see, though it wasn’t ideal conditions for a detailed inspection

reggiegasket
    Free Member

just to state the obvious… crikey it’s windy here (Lancaster)

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Gave up trying to ride motorcycle home. Had two goes but bottled it. Way too dangerous….

molgrips
    Free Member

We had something hit our kitchen window earlier, didn’t see what it was.

ton

managed a windswept blustery hours into the wind…..7 miles of grinning like a loon.
    cars queueing everywhere, miserable sour faced drivers not giving a inch, even tho they are going nowhere.
    I love my commute, I love adverse weather…..bring it on…. 😀

binners

To be fair mate, you’re not the obvious candidate to be blown around like a leaf 😀

ton

bastid……….. 😆

midlifecrashes

mlc – was it your tennant?

Yep, it’s good to stay on top of stuff as it happens, but not always possible. Wanted to see the water coming in while it was happening, much easier to trace. Damp and condensation aren’t always easy to bottom out though, as water can travel hidden a fair way before popping out to ruin the decorations.

andyl
    Free Member

I’m a landlord too, but rent a bigger place out of the city.

Been telling her for months exactly where all the leaks are coming from and the mould is due to poor workmanship and cost cutting.

postierich
    Free Member

I am doing quite well on a couple of Strava leader boards I,m on, including the STW one fair weather pussies!

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘FFS! (Weather content)’ is closed to new replies.