Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FFS! KS Lev won't compress!
  • p7rich
    Free Member

Racing on Sun and just found out my nearly-new KS Lev won’t compress, i.e. stuck in the up position. Aaaaagghhh. ❗ 😐

Anyone else experienced similar and able to offer help? It was up and down fine when riding last night and has been since new a few weeks ago. Cable seems fine and is pulling as intended on the little barrel inside the little compartment at the base. Cable in post seems to still be attached, i.e. still pulls back, and just pulling on this (taking bar lever out of equation) still doesn’t help. Retailer is 1-2hrs away and not able to do much without getting their hands on it.

Can anyone rescue me?

wwaswas

let all the air out and see if it’ll cycle?

mmel
    Free Member

As above, let all the air out and see I it’ll move. If you are sure the cable set up is correct and the internal kevlar cable isn’t damaged then I’d be looking at lubing the roller bearings by removing the top cap as in this link

Conan257
    Free Member

Be happy it’s not suck down just before a race!

p7rich
    Free Member

Removed pressure and still won’t compress. I suspect the inner cable has slipped inside the post as the lever was a bit ‘sticky’ this morning…but can’t for the life of me get the end cap off the post to check. Any tips how to do this without a strap wrench??

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Give the distributor a call. Oh…

amedias
    Free Member

Any tips how to do this without a strap wrench??

innertube wrapped around and twist/knotted can generate a surprising amount of friction, has saved me a couple of times…

MarkN
    Free Member

KS LEV Service video.
    May help you to get it apart etc. The kevlar thread is a favourite for this issue.

p7rich
    Free Member

I have just consigned myself to the ranks of dropper post malfunction victims.

I’ve had the post in pieces and have ascertained the kevlar thread is still fixed fine and everything between the lever and the little nipple on the bottom (under the end cap) is all operating correctly so fault is somewhere in the proper internals. LBS where i bought it have been consulted and it’s going back next week for repair or replacement. Majorly peeved today as racing is the main reason i bought it. Especially as i’ve only ridden it 5-6 times. Slowly coming to terms.

Now where did I put the Thomson it replaced…?

empy
    Free Member

Gutted for you 🙁
    I’ll bring my spare post…..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘FFS! KS Lev won't compress!’ is closed to new replies.