Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • FFS Bike (& car) stolen
  • kimbers

Loaded car up last night for race today, car keys, bike& wife’s handbag (with cards) all stolen from hallway.

helmet, camelback, tools, shoes etc all in car

They left my oakleys & garmin, which were with keys, & took a pair of endura humvee gloves there too, jokes on them coz it was 2 left hand gloves!

Car is cost & inconvenience, but benefits of owning a zafira is no personal attachment to it!

Bike im absolutely gutted about

2018 Kona process, 153 29, sixc bars, hope race Evo M4 brakes, Yari with a novyparts damper, transx dropper, crank bros mallet 2 silver pedals.

In milton Keynes

gauss1777
    Free Member

Nothing useful to say, other than that is awful and I feel for you.

Trimix
    Free Member

Thats shit.

But at least you have a good excuse for not winning the race.

hodgynd
    Free Member

At least they didn’t steal your sense of humour ..

Hope it all works out and you get everything back ..

superfli
    Free Member

Shit news mate. This is when insurance is your best friend. Hope you get it all sorted quick

Best wishes

martinhutch

Bastards.

Whereabouts from?

stu1972
    Free Member

Kimbers YHM

senorj

Bummer.

Hope you get the bike back & insurance  pays out.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Utter twunts!!! I’ll keep an eye out locally not far from you. My Mrs is forever leaving her bag in the hallway much to my annoyance this thread is proof that she can’t ignore.

Hope you get sorted soon fella

fudge9202
    Free Member

I know it’s no consolation but if insured you can replace them, recently here ( Northern Ireland) they break in for keys but have also boiled your kettle then stand at your bed threatening you with a scalding for your wallet, cards, pin no, jewellery etc so quite traumatic!

Btw also gutted got you mate feel your pain I had a Stumpjumper ripped off my locked roof rails while taking a show at a trail centre.

orangespyderman

My Mrs is forever leaving her bag in the hallway much to my annoyance this thread is proof that she can’t ignore.

So you did this just to prove a point to your Mrs?  Animal!  😀

chakaping
    Free Member

What a bummer. I know you had waited a long time for that bike.

Not many of those new konas around so keep em peeled!

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Yeesh, that sucks.

Hate to ask but is it covered by insurance in this situation? Be interesting to know. Policies usually cover them inside cars, if locked to the car/out of sight but the fact the car was stolen…

kimbers

Bike car keys & wife’s bag were all in hallway.

It is covered by insurance, already spoke to em ( was named item on insurance) wouldn’t have been covered of it was in car & car insurance/home insurance already playing responsibility tennis over shoes/helmet/tools in car

I.had the bike out the back yesterday cleaning it on the stand, and rode it around the block a few times, wondering if targets coz of that?

Go to replace door locks now as wife’s house keys were in her bag

Shitty thing is we were asleep upstairs, 4 young kids.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

so did they kick the door in or was it a fishing rod through the letterbox?

chakaping
    Free Member

The worst part of it, or the longest-lasting, is the uncertainty of how and why you were targeted, IME.

Hope you get a speedy resolution with the insurance. Remember not to use Wheelies!

flap_jack
    Free Member

Where in MK?  I think you’re near me.  I often leave my racing bike in the car, better re-think that!

I’ll keep an eye out whilst walking the dogs around the redways.  Might be local scrotes.

kimbers

Think Lock was forced, not the most robust door?

But coulda been fishing rod job.

Agreed about why target us, got the cheapest car in our close!

Im thinking it was the bike, I’d been riding it around the area that day, and then had it out in the back all afternoon

alric
    Free Member

which part of MK?

Maybe a post on Facebook groups could help

kimbers

Car recovered last night, 5 scallys arrested

Only been 24hrs, so fingers crossed bike can be located !

In in great Holm, car was spotted in fishermead

cheers_drive

Fingers crossed they get the bije to.

We leave our car keys by the front door, would rather they take the car etc than hunt through the house with our family in it.

soundninjauk

Car recovered last night, 5 scallys arrested

Only been 24hrs, so fingers crossed bike can be located !

Great news, fingers crossed for the bike and anything that wasn’t still in the car (tools etc.?).

hodgynd
    Free Member

That’s a good result so far ..hope it’s not too long before the bike follows the car home ..

granny_ring

Hope the news gets even better OP, I’m thinking the same as you that someone spotted it when you were out and about.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

yikes, awful stuff kimbers. Hope you get the bike back as well.

kimbers

Well finally got to look at car, pretty much every corner has been scratched so will need new bumpers all round, 1 tail light broken.

Interior fine, apart from some holes on roof lining which apparently means new side airbags when replacing too!

If cost is more than half of value then it’s written off, not sure how I feel either way about that.

Car was completely empty apart from Wife’s keys, which makes me pretty sure they used them to break in, fishing thru letterbox

As for bike no sign, but in on the insurance every day as they are in no rush !

kimbers

well

Got a message via FB today, someone had been offered my bike to swap for a DH bike he was selling , guy was suspicious so he checked stolen-bikes.co.uk & found my bike

Sent me FB message & a video of what is definitely my bike

Spoke to police they are checking out this guy, they think video wasnt filmed in his house so trying to see if they can recover it

frustrating to know its nearby & thanks to facebook I know where this guy works, who hes going out with etc etc,

My luck must be turning, I won the ‘guess how many mini eggs in the jar’ compo at work yesterday too

chakaping
    Free Member

Go to his work and wee in his bombers!

Bet he bought it cheap knowing it was nicked.

andyrm
    Free Member

Keep the pressure on the police, tell them you know where he works and you’ll go there yourself if they don’t get a wriggle on. Also threaten them with the local paper – is it still the mk news? Local press are really good at putting very public “you have all the information, why are you failing taxpayers?” pressure on police forces.

And fingers crossed once you DO have your bike back, let the scrotes work know.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Good to hear you’ve got the car back

I am also in MK and burglars attempted to break into my house last September while I was away on holiday

Luckily my front door did its job and kept them out (damaged sufficiently to need replacing)

I took it as a sign that I needed to do some security upgrades (lighting, alarm, locks)

If you have standard UPVC doors with a euro cylinder make sure you upgrade these to 3* rated locks (anti bump anti snap) – they’re about £35 a lock

The cheap basic locks are very weak and prone to lock snapping (just search youtube to see how it’s done)

kimbers

Police arrested scally & recovered my bike this morning 😀😀😀😀

simondbarnes

Hurrah 🙂

bonobo
    Free Member

Nice to hear some good news for a change, congrats.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Good news!!

CheesybeanZ

Result .

nixie

Nice one.

fasthaggis

Excellent..Happy Friday

chakaping
    Free Member

Good stuff.

Keep us posted as the case (hopefully)  progresses.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Brilliant news.

drewd

Awesome news!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘FFS Bike (& car) stolen’ is closed to new replies.