Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FFfnnnnnaaaaarrghhh!!! – things failing at innoportune moments…
  • big_scot_nanny

Spent a late night last night chopping, spring changing and fitting new Lyiks to my Mega. most enjoyable work too. 8)

Rode the bike around outside and fettled bar/brake/rebound etc to a good level, all prepped for night ride tonight after work. 😀

Rode out of garage this morning with all kit for day at work, plus kit for ride tonight. Pushed Reverb button to test action (only thing not tested last night), and the **** shiting air seal has gone, so it will not rise. AARRRSSSSE! 👿

2 years old, lots of faultless service, but is it now buggered?

Quick turn around, back to garage, hastily prepare 120mm 29er which is a bit too little bike for tonight (fit new tires, set shock/fork air levels), but beggars can’t be choosers and all that. 🙁

Anyhoo – I have had a Joplin (2x), Reverb, Command Post and a Gravity Dropper. The GD (up or down turbo model) is only one that has not failed in 3 years, the rest have all borked in some way or another.

Should I just get a GD for my mega?

Kev

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Personally If you can afford it a cheaper GD/KS type dropper on standby is always a goid thing or at worst a seatpost of the same size in the spares bin
    That way you are covered

Junkyard
    Free Member

I use GD for same reason
    Fugly but reliable

dday

Spent a good few hours tweaking and cleaning ready for proper dusty sunny ride with mates. Minutes before leaving, figured I would pop a little more pressure in rear tire, only to have the valve core fail, instantly flat. Swore like a sailor. 👿

big_scot_nanny

Well, I do have a spare 31.6 but I am so many years used to riding with a dropper now, that the thought of riding the trails tonight without it was a bit crap.

I think, GD it is. It just keeps on rocking. 3 years old, been hung of cable cars and chairlifts, rattled round PPDS in the dust, slopped through 3 winters, had my fat arse stressing it every ride and the only thing I have done is squirt a bit if lube in.

It is Hideous, with a capital H, but I think I have to suck up the cost, suck up my testicles (Jesus, it does rise fast!), and get me 5″ drop, 31.6 GD turbo LP.

Kev

big_scot_nanny

dday, exactly! AArrrrssseeeee!! I am normally mr prepared, I hate fellow riders who constantly have mechanicals due to cheap/shoddy/badly prepared kit. At least it failed this morning and not halfway up the bloody hill this evening.

Now, it’s also the first time out with my new Spider Eyes from troutie. See if I can burn some trees, and hopefully not blind my mate!

Kev

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FFfnnnnnaaaaarrghhh!!! – things failing at innoportune moments…’ is closed to new replies.