Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Few pics from yesterdays ride – Packhorse trail content
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

after a mile heading Up this sign was a statement of fact rather than advisory…. 😕

road or dirt, road or dirt? Clearly the bike knows the way….

make it stop – still going up – see that tiny point of rocks on the horizon – the trig point is up there…… 😕

3 miles of climbing later …… the obligatory Bike Leaning On Trig shot…….

view from the edge….

looking the same way, just a mile farther on….

mech eating, pinch-flatting territory – pick your way through this lot for half a mile jayboy………

what goes up must go down – wahey – the top of the famous packhorse trail, 3 miles of down 😆
    rider in shot is Nigel, only met him at the top of this trail.. shared a pint at the riverhead when we’d finished..

bit more Packhorse
    it does get to be more fun – deeper tracks through erosion, front wheel eating boggy bits…. but i was having too much fun too stop for them….. 😀

all good things come to an end – the final techy drop to Eastergate

thereafter a gentle pootle along to the pub 😆

MrSparkle

Sweet but, er, where is it?

rOcKeTdOg

looks great

all good things come to an end – the final techy drop to Eastergate

Are the techy bits out of shot?

MrSparkle
    marsdenman
    Free Member

Sorry – up bit is heading out of Marsden, out across Stanedge Edge (the trig point), across the moor towards the A640, drop down the Packhorse trail, back to Marsden.
    Mostly its Pennine Bridleway and erm, Pennine Way…

There’s a more interesting route out of the village but I went for the speed, (LOL) and shorter trip, on the black stuff…

marsdenman
    Free Member

10 points to Mr Sparkle – boring fact – the brews in The Riverhead are named after the abundance of local reservoirs.

The artist formally……. steeper, loose rocky bit is out of shot, oddly enough I was not stopping on that bit.
    ‘Techy’ is all relative to ones perceived ability, hence its techy to me 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Few pics from yesterdays ride – Packhorse trail content’ is closed to new replies.