Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ferry equivalent of SkyScanner?
  • oldtennisshoes

Is there such a thing? Looking to book something for northern Spain for next summer, but there doesn’t seem to be a decent consolidator. Any ideas?

cbike
    Free Member

From my recent experience I would book with who ever you fancy yourself. I used direct ferries and communications were horrendous. 30 minutes to answer a phone call and no integration to make changes. If anything went wrong I reckon it would be a disaster.

woody2000

Does anyone other than Brittany ferries even sail to Spain from the UK?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peteimpreza

Only one operator to Spain from the UK so I am not sure what deals you were hoping to get.

welshfarmer

Does anyone other than Brittany ferries even sail to Spain from the UK?

Not that I am aware of. It is simply a choice of sailing from Portsmouth or Plymouth to Santander or Bilboa. And that choice is completely dependant on which day of the week you wish to sail! Choice is not a buzz word when looking at ferries to Spain. Best you can hope for is to join the Brittany Ferries Club and get a discount that covers your membership fee, plus gives a few extra perks like money off breakfast and other meals. Of course if you travel more than once then the club membership really starts to pay off.

oldtennisshoes

Thanks all
    1. I didn’t know that there was only 1 operator to Norther Spain, so that answers that question and reduces the potential value of a 3rd party booking site.
    2.Only one operator to Spain from the UK so I am not sure what deals you were hoping to get. It’s not unusual </tom jones> for companies to provide reduced prices of the same goods using a 3rd party rather than direct. (see some hotels and car hire companies for examples).

Now, maybe should I take a ferry to Roscoff and drive or use the tunnel, or just fly?

kcr
    Free Member

I couldn’t find any reliable looking 3rd party service for ferries when booking this year. There’s one that seems to operate under various different domain names, but it had some bad reviews and I couldn’t find any way of contacting them to enquire about booking bicycles, which was impossible on their website.

andy5390

I used AFerry  to book Venice to Corfu a few years ago

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ferry equivalent of SkyScanner?’ is closed to new replies.