Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ferry bookings – best time?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never having booked a cross channel ferry before, is there a best time to book? Going to Holland for a week august, Newcastle – Amsterdam, the stag boat! Looking to go fri night for a sat to sat week, which means it really will be full of pissed up Geordies! 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Newcastle – Amsterdam, the stag boat! Looking to go fri night for a sat to sat week, which means it really will be full of pissed up Geordies! 🙂”

strange – ive done it twice in summer on sat-sat bookings and not experienced this phenomenon.

Its quite a nice boat as far as ferries go.

Pay for the buffet would be my tip followed by go to the booking desk ASAP once on board and book your table. – its extensive , tasty but is busy and if your not quick youll be dining at 9pm.

butcher

I went on a Friday and it was actually quite civilised. Think you’re probably just best booking as early as possible and keeping an eye out for deals.

Pay for the buffet would be my tip followed by go to the booking desk ASAP once on board and book your table. – its extensive , tasty but is busy and if your not quick youll be dining at 9pm.

They ask you to confirm a timeslot when you book online. Defo go for the buffet though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Top tip Terry, cheers.

It’s not actually that expensive – 500 quid, all thing considering, a cabin each way and the car too, which means bikes as well, so cuts out hiring a car and bikes, like we usually do on hols anyway.

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats why we do it , Load up the wee van and take off to Bourg D’osians for the summer. As you say saves on car hire and you can take your own bikes and spares…..

Butcher , Ah ok historically they never used to let you book online and you had to do it when you got onboard – thats good to know.

Its 700 for my new van – i still consider that to be good value given the freedom it gives over booking a hotel etc. Hopefully get out to the TDF again next year using it – plus you dont have to drive to the Chunnel – Driving on the continent is so much less of a hassle ime – once you get past about manchester the driving deteriorates massively and quickly.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sounds great, wee yin will love it too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Booked, cheers Terry/Butcher!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ferry bookings – best time?’ is closed to new replies.