Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ferry booking websites which…
  • cp

…allow you to do stuff like +/- 3 days… are there any? The ones I’ve found so far all insist not only on particular dates, but also must specify a particular ferry time… blimmin annoying when I can be very flexible with the day and time of sailing.

EDIT – I’m looking at cross channel

druidh
    Free Member

Surely the issue is that they actually have to book space for you and can’t have you just turning up when it’s good for you, hoping to squeeze on somehow?

user-removed
    Free Member

Weren’t you asking about the Nigg ferry a while ago druidh?

wwaswas

You can book ‘open’ journeys.

These tend to be the most expensive fares as they are so flexible and you aren’t guaranteed a space on a specific departure unless you phone in advance and convert your booking to be on the departure you intend to get.

Or are you looking to find the cheapest departure over a 3 day period? In which case best bet is to look for departures between midnight and 6….

cp

Surely the issue is that they actually have to book space for you and can’t have you just turning up when it’s good for you, hoping to squeeze on somehow?

no, I mean search sailings +/-3 days like most other form of travel websites allow you to do. I want to search the cheapest sailing over a defined period of time. they aren’t very helpful assisting you to do that!

jota180
    Free Member

Direct Ferries is the best for trying different dates and times but you still need to manually change it, it’s easy though

druidh
    Free Member

user-removed – Member
    Weren’t you asking about the Nigg ferry a while ago druidh?

😆

I couldn’t find any locals to answer my question though.

cp

cheers jota

nealglover
    Free Member

When are you wanting to travel ?

cp

Early June – after the 3rd. Before the 8th.

returning between June 14th and 15th.

Ideally Portsmouth or somewhere near, to france, but would go to dover if cheaper overall. Aim is Loire valley.

nealglover
    Free Member

Cheapest return with Norfolkline on those dates would be £58.

ebygomm
    Free Member

asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and it seems there aren’t any.

i ended up just trying endless permutations

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ferry booking websites which…’ is closed to new replies.