Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • fencetrackworld – erection advice
  • dannybgoode

Good evening all

Can anyone tell me how I go about fencing round a non-right angles.

I need to put a fence up round the lawn so it will come down the edge to around a 60 degree, along a bit and around another 60 degree angle then to the wall.

How do I get it round the 60 degree angles?

Thanks for your help all

Cheers

Danny B

boabym

Fencing is basically a modular system comprising of posts of various lengths and rails that are 3.6 metre long. Therefore the post centres are 1.8 meters apart, so post round your 60 degree curve/ angle using the 1.8 metre spacing. Ok?

spooky_b329

Ok?

I haven’t a clue what you just said 😆 Did it even relate to the question?!

I think I’d just find a bigger alternative to those fence clips so the panels can have a gap on the outside of the corner. Position the post so it is at an angle to both fence runs, i.e 30 degrees to each one, so you have a small gap both sides rather than a big gap on one side.

* not in any way a fencing expert.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dannybgoode

Not quite I’m afraid – the posts are square so how do I attach the fence to the posts to make it round the angles?

Cheers

Danny B

boabym

Ah, panels, I assumed you were erecting screen ( vertical slats) in that case as you say angle the panels between the posts to ‘curve round ‘ No need for fancy clips though just cut wedges and screw through to the post.
    Sorry for the long winded reply.

spooky_b329

I was going to suggest wedges but was worried it might be a bit ‘bodgetastic’ 🙂

boabym

Wedges are fine mate, if one is ‘erecting’ out in the sticks then one is forced to improvise!! Assume OP is using timber posts rather than concrete H posts.

( used that method for years )

dannybgoode

Thanks all – wedges it is for the erection.

At last Mrs Danny will be happy (for around minutes). Its neen a faff to get this far.

Two years ago she decided she didn’t want a lawn so having ordered then wheelbarrowed a ton and a bit of gravel round to the back of the house she had a nice gravelled area.

Now, with babybgoode just starting to walk she decided she wants lawn again so have now shifted a ton and a bit of gravel back round to the front, dug the ground over and turfed it.

The fence will just finish it off…

Cheers all for your help

Danny B

spooky_b329

You could’ve done this a month earlier, I recently paid for two bulk bags of ‘brand new’ gravel! And its not even on show…

tymbian
    Free Member

I hope your erection will please Mrs DBG…

ktmblag
    Free Member

two posts in the hole where angle is needed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘fencetrackworld – erection advice’ is closed to new replies.