Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fence post for hammock posts, post mix…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…have dug 2ft holes, will be using 100mm x 100mm posts.

Will post mix be okay for hammocks ???

Thanks in advance

andrewh
    Free Member

You can get pre-mixed post mix.
    I have no idea when the mixing takes place.
    But yes, it’ll be fine

hot_fiat

What I’ve done when putting ground anchors in for motorbikes is dug the 2 foot hole, then driven rebar into the surrounding soil at angles, from the bottom, so the effective base becomes much bigger.

Postmix is great.

5lab

Are the posts going in vertically or angled away from the hammock? If the former I’d go down more than 2′

disben

We did this last summer – we actually went down nearly a metre – our posts were 3m long though. we also had 150x150mm posts – did some calculations regarding weights (we have two hammocks off one of the posts) and decided that for £10 extra better to go bigger!

Post mix worked well – but we had to go back for more – probably needed about 20% more in the end.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s not so much the depth but what the ground is like at a given depth if that makes sense. All the force obviously pulls inwards and the ground around your concrete needs to be hard or as you load it it will shift. Post mix is fine though but get an even covering around all of the post.

jimdubleyou

I went overkill on mine – about a metre in the ground and an extra half post as a spar bolted to the bottom. About two bags of postcrete if I recall.

Greybeard
    Free Member

LOL @ andrewh

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Are the posts going in vertically or angled away from the hammock? If the former I’d go down more than 2′

Aye, I’ve got one to do, and I’ll be angling them away from the hammock.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fence post for hammock posts, post mix…’ is closed to new replies.