Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Fence boundary dispute! Informed advice please?🚨
  • Pook

Where are you poops?

aP
    Free Member

they are civil servants of very limited employability

Obviously not helping the OP, but @stevextc do you think you could be any more patronising?

willard

@chakaping Same here. Has all the things that make a good Netflix series (drama, anger, known main protagonist) but without having to pay for Netflix or binge watch the series.

I have a similar thing going with the building work that a friend has got outside his apartment on Söder. They’re making a park and I’ve got used to receiving the daily photograph of what they are doing. Spoiler: They got more gravel delivered this morning.

csb

they are civil servants of very limited employability

Except for all the building firms and consultancies wanting to hire them… Underpaid and underesourced in the public sector certainly, but that’s the same across all Local Authority services.

fozzyuk

If it’s over 30cm high and given the sloped land it will be anyway then it needs planning.

You’ve reported them, include all your concerns from limiting light, over 30cm height, safety, access and encroaching on your boundary

Then leave it to the council.

Push the council to take action, push them for a stop notice as they will be under resourced and a squeaky wheel does get oiled. Let the council fight the battle concentrate on your day life.

Jakester
    Free Member

Where are you poops?

The neighbour has been seen bricking up on newly-laid footings… hmm…

martinhutch

I’m more worried WTF those acros are for. Is he knocking through at the back of the concrete slab? Given the shitty look of his current work, I’d have some concerns about the party wall.

Footings where?

neilnevill
    Free Member

Acros? In looking on a smart phone but think they are scaffolding poles.

sandboy

There’s six props holding down a tarp in the last photo. My guess is that the were used to hold up the shuttering for the new concrete balcony extension?

bsims
    Free Member

Nothing I have experienced so I cant be of help there. I think you are handling it well. Good to go with the council – neighbours are bullies and that will call their bluff. By challenging him about the fence you showed them that you wont be a pushover.

bruneep

Anyone seen poopscoop?

duncancallum

Neighbour’s put a new patio down?

citizenlee
    Free Member

Neighbour’s put a new patio down?

West or Jordache?

duncancallum

Be a good name for a landscape business

West and Jordache

Patios, trenches and other ground works undertaken

ravingdave

Poopscoop, not sure if this has been covered but that bookwork wall sits on the boundary, ie 50% of that wall is on your land. This falls into section 1 of party wall etc act 1996. Did he serve notice upon you in accordance with the act? Did you provide your written permission? If not regardless of planning he would have to take wall down and rebuild entirely on his land

ravingdave

Bookwork wall should be blockwork wall!

Poopscoop

^^ Cheers for that info mate.😁👍 He built the wall parallel and behind the small one already there so definitely starts on his land… whether it strays a bit after that is another matter. The footings also.

Oh, thanks for the rest of advice guys. I’m taking it in, promise.

I’ve deliberately stepped away from the thread as I’ve done all I can for the moment and I was beginning to get…A little “irate” about the situation.

Bigger fish to fry (and worry about in honesty) but I’ll be plugging away at this, trust me.

Oh, the props were used as he’s knocked two structural walls down to make a massive kitchen/ diner that looks out onto the equally massive balcony…

These are very average 1930’s terraces, that’s fine, they are what they are but the daughter seems to want a mini Versailles instead.😉

That’s fine, just do it right and be considerate to your neighbours. Not much to ask.

Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Fence boundary dispute! Informed advice please?🚨’ is closed to new replies.