Femur + Carbon 456 frame =

Home Forum Bike Forum Femur + Carbon 456 frame =

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Femur + Carbon 456 frame =
  • Jeez! Glad you’re both ok! That’s one proper whack to walk away from!

But if he had a rear brake then that probably wouldn’t have happened? 😉

oxnop

Ha, well spotted! We cut the ties this morning to asses the damage, I thought it may be cosmetic until we moved the cable and he stood on the pedals.

Once again – Jeez!

Is the frame under warranty?

Oh – and no matter how sore you are the day after – it’s always worse on day 2. Dont know why – just a heads up.

oxnop

Yeah, our friend is a paramedic who was over at the house last night and she said the same – looking forward to stepping out of bed tomorrow!

He’s had it for 18 months plus don’t think they warrenty arse to frame contact 🙂

Well this was promising:

From On-one:
    “On-One branded products carry a 2 year warranty for the original owner. “

But:
    “The warranty protects the customer against manufacturing defects and faults but does not cover issues arising from wear and tear, misuse, improper installation or crash damage.”

Doesnt specifically mention arse contact damage though. Might be worth an email on the off chance?

Premier Icon Andy
    Subscriber

Ouch – good one to walk away from! Silly notion but you might be able to have that repaired, at least to keep as a spare. I have seen dinghy masts snapped clean, fully repaired and they take a heavier load than your thighs*

*probably

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

Bit of Duct tape and some cable ties and it’ll be right as rain*.

*possibly…..

oxnop

Mate and I blasting down a double track cobbled road, handlebars got tangled and we hit the deck. He fell on top of me and my thigh/arse took the brunt of the impact – Don’t think it will polish out 🙂

Could’ve been much worse as we were easily doing 20+ mph no broken bones but both of us are pretty sore today.

He loves the bike so if anyone is selling a 16″ 456 frame please get in touch, he doesn’t need dropouts or headset as they were undamaged!

oxnop

Might be worth an email on the off chance?

yes, I’ll even offer my rear end for crash testing!

Bit of Duct tape and some cable ties and it’ll be right as rain.

Defo worth a try. It’s a single speed and I don’t think the fact he spends 99% stood up mashing the pedals puts extreme stresses through the BB or down tube so would definitely hold up*

*perhaps

He is only 3 stone soaking wet so gaffer tape should be ok

coldhams1

I’ve got one of these frames and when I bought it they told me they did a crash replacement scheme and they would knock a couple of hundred quid of the price of a new frame, but was when they were £400. Worth a try.

b r

When I crashed and damaged my 456Ti frame they got the repair done for me at a crash-discount.

andyl

1st one of I have seen properly broken! Definitely email/call them as they do a crash replacement discount. If they can sell paint seconds at £250 then I am sure they can sort you out.

Dare I be the first to say it but a metal frame probably would have bent anyway and left you with a broken bone due to the smaller diameter.

oxnop

Dare I be the first to say it but a metal frame probably would have bent anyway and left you with a broken bone due to the smaller diameter.

Fully agree, I was on my Soul when we crashed and that went in the opposite direction and on reflection that was a blessing. My leg is hurting* today so imagine if my mate weighed anymore I’d be laying down now with a serious femur fracture

* flipping killing me

neninja

Crash Replacement

We accept that crashes happen, things break or bottom brackets can get threaded. That’s why we will offer the original owner a discretionary 2 year ‘crash replacement’ period to provide a replacement product at up to 50% discount.

An email to On-One might be worthwhile.

cynic-al

Impressive, how bruised is the thigh?

oxnop

Well, the part of my thigh that is really hurting has not bruised yet. The top of thigh/hip/arse is nicely bruising though.

Taking tomorrow off work as holiday don’t even want to work from home as sitting down for long periods and then getting up is doing me no good. Plus, I want to be ok to ride at the weekend 🙂

float

Is the frame under warranty?

😆 “I was just riding along when this mahoosive crack appeared on the downtube. free frame please!”

Euro

I came off my steel jump bike after over jumping a fast and long triple set of doubles. I’d only just finished building them and this was a test run of sorts. I didn’t count on just how much speed I would generate after each set, and was flying when I hit the last one. I was probably doing a similar speed to the OP when I hit the deck. Landed on the toptube with my left thigh. Bike didn’t bend, leg didn’t break (never broken a bone despite trying hard) but it gave me the mother of dead legs and I still have a toptube shaped indentation in my thigh muscle – 3 years later. Alu would have bent/broke probably, but steel is real (hard 😉 )

andyl

you could just stick a beefy bottle cage on there to bridge the crack….(I am joking)

I came off my steel jump bike…

And dirt jump bikes are also build bloody stong! You were lucky though – but with bones it’s often a case of wrong angle/luck of the draw. People get away with all sorts and then one small bump/twist and crack.

I am sporting a very sore nose after a large back box fell right onto it yesterday when working under the car. We are talking approx 8-10kg right onto my nose from over a foot above. Heard a nice crack but no external bruise, no nose bleed. I think the cartilage is a bit separated though as i feels weird and clicks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Femur + Carbon 456 frame =’ is closed to new replies.