Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Felling like a big kid riding in the snow
  • carlos
    Free Member

Just thought I’d share as had a mint night on the bile last night.

Two of us, out in the snow last night and loving it. Bitterly cold wind from the East, right side of the face almost numb, squinting to avoid the needle like pain of the swirling snow and feeling like a 12year old smashing through the (up to) 2ft drifts in the fields. Snow everywhere, sounds of giggling, bike taking on its own direction at times and quite safe knowing if it goes Pete Tongue the landing is likely to be soft. Fancied heading back up for a second run but the warmth of home was calling and it was getting on a bit.

Kinda summed up what riding in the snow at this time of year is about.

lowey

Excellent. I feel exactly the same. Its great fun

windyg
    Free Member

Just been for a fun ride across virgin fields of snow my 18yo daughter came out for her first go riding in snow and to test out her 1x drivetrain and loved it, she fell off about 4 times never moaned once.
    I had fun seeing how hard I could sprint.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Glad that I bailed and opted for a walk this morning. Only about an inch of snow here, and sheet ice underneath!

MoreCashThanDash

Not enough to play in here, been 2-3 years since a proper snow ride

lovewookie

good load of snow here north of glasgow. was out last night when it was only a few inches deep. Ended up walking 2 miles home as my freehub decided not to play after a couple of hours riding.

still, may fit the ice spikers on the 26er for another go tonight!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Had a good amount last night in areas of east Yorkshire 🙂 .. only fair to get the fat bike out and have a bimble down towards the coast … best of both worlds the fat bike 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

still, may fit the ice spikers on the 26er for another go tonight!

Don’t do that – exactly what I did on Saturday and we’ve had 1mm of snow since

endomick
    Free Member

No trees were harmed during this ride 😀

alpin
    Free Member

Timber!

Northwind

I love pretty much everything about snow- good snow that is, not the horrible drawn out aftermath. Today I joined in some sledging except on the fatbike, just totally daft simple joy.

kneed

Thread title reminded me of this:

https://dronelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/killerdrone.gif

But yes – cycling in the snow (proper snow) is ACE!

40mpg

Exactly why I bought a fatbike, and took it to the alps each January. Best riding fun ever!

lovewookie

still lots of snow about today after a cold but clear day. temperatures dropping to -7 tonight, so more snowy adventures tomorrow I think!

RoterStern
    Free Member

We’ve had near continuous snow since the beginning of the year and last Weekend we had about half a meter of the stuff overnight and the temperatures have plunged to highs of -10. The snow stays powdery when it’s this cold which make riding on the streets treacherous but riding off road fun as long as he snow has been compacted by people walking, skiing or clearing ways with a snow plough, otherwise you just sink in the stuff to the bottom bracket! I’ve become an expert in riding in the tracks of the XC skiers!

Northwind

I felt mostly like an adult out walking in the snow today, taking photos and such. Tomorrow hopefully I will be back to doing skidz.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Felling like a big kid riding in the snow’ is closed to new replies.