Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • fegging cars and curbs…
  • alpin
    Free Member

a car turned in on me today. admittedly i was going at about 30k’s with only one brake but that didn’t really matter. nothing i could do but swerve to avoid going over the bonnet. in doing so i ran into the curb.

donkey bolloks drove off and i just stood there. little shaken with the sound or air escaping from my tyres.

didn’t want to even look at the rims because i knew what to expect. i’d dinged the front really bad. you may have seen worse but for a bike that i have painted, built up from scratch, pissed about building the wheels and so on, it was a bad ding. the rim has folded over about 1/3 of the way into the center.

thought. sod it. i’ll catch a train home. short demoralising walk to station. get onto platform with four minutes before my train comes. when it does i walk to the bike section but have difficulty balancing the bike with it’s heavily laden pannier being the cause of this. did one of those people watching me struggle open the door for me? did they ****. when i’d finally sorted myself out and pressed the button the driver had locked the door and then pulled away. cue a thirty minute wait.

what a shitty evening.

have rescued the rim with a hammer as best i can but i’m not pleased. it hurts me to look at it. it’s still a little dented and the wheel a little out of true but it’ll have to do for tomorrow.

arrrgh.

J

Daffy

Lesson learned, you should’ve hit the car he’ll never learn otherwise and you don’t get the compensation.

djglover
    Free Member

1 brake?

fixie?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘fegging cars and curbs…’ is closed to new replies.