Feel a bit better after falling off today!

Home Forum Bike Forum Feel a bit better after falling off today!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Feel a bit better after falling off today!
  • brokensoul

You need some decent rubber, Steve.
    Start a thread “What tyres for mincing?”
    Borrow Mick’s Swampthing Super Tackys. They’ll slow you down a bit.
    πŸ˜€

brakes

I think it’s good to crash sometimes, as long as it doesn’t hurt too much.
    it reminds you of your limits, but also that most of the time crashing doesn’t hurt.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

did you two ride yesterday?
    sorry i had to work, but managed to get to stainburn in the afternoon for a couple of hours.

SteveBbrain

We had a good ride out Tony, 24 miles with a few puncture/ mech breaks. Did a couple of runs down DH track after bacon butty stop. Most lads did the jumps and I minced gracefully down the chicken runs πŸ˜€ weather was really kind to us too.
    Chips gonna put some swampthing tyres on to slow me down so he can abuse me. My fall today was a bit embarassing, rode over a kerb at the angle, kerb was dry but tyre wet, slid nicely on the concrete and removed a bit of skin slowing down πŸ™„ will remember to lift my wheel next time.

Premier Icon diablocableguy
    Subscriber

I don’t mind crashing. It means I’m pushing myself, which seems the only way for me to get better. If I don’t have at least a near off I need to shred the gnar harder. 😈

Premier Icon Clover
    Subscriber

I have had that… it’s not necessarily the worst thing to happen. And oddly, the feeling that not everything that goes wrong is a catastrophe can be quite cheering.

SteveBbrain

Strange thing I know – but after several weeks of mincing about a bit, got stuck into a ride with a mate (?) today and came a bit of a cropper – due to poor riding – and fell fairly heavily and bashed knee and elbow. No serious damage though and I realised that if I continue riding mtb I’m gonna fall off occasionally and it isn’t always gonna result in broken ribs etc. Actually (perversely?) was quite pleased, even though a bit sore πŸ˜•

brokensoul

We were awesome, ton. πŸ™‚

Crag

Glad you’re back in the saddle Steve, let’s hope the new rubber helps you stay on 2 wheels!!

butcher

Falling off once in a while is good for the soul.

…so long as you don’t hurt yourself.

xcentric

glad you’re ok. Did a ride over Dartmoor a couple of weeks ago. Even the fast descent on rocky rutted track fine, until I came to a closed gate with short drop after it. No problems stopping for the gate, but rather than open it, wheel bike through, close it and then set off, convinced myself that I could get through, gravity closing the gate, get balanced and drop down the largish step, and be fine, all without dismounting. All true, except the be fine – got through the gate, gravity closed it, went down the largish step, and dived headlong over the bars. Hit the ground hard, especially with my right hand around the base of my thumb. Thankfully only 200 m back to car, but couldn’t move it at all. Mrs Xcentric is an A&E doc so no sympathy or trip to hospital needed, but still can’t hold handlebars as bruising is deep and painful. So, whilst I agree it doesn’t always hurt, it can sometimes….

SteveBbrain

Oh I know it hurts sometimes, that was my point. My previous incident led to two months off the bike and made me think my more adventurous days riding were a thing of the past.
    My gradual return to the saddle has meant a slow, slow return to something like fitness and with it, confidence to take on more than just easy trails. The long dry spell helped – but when the wet trails appeared, a reality check came along also.
    I am now riding with a lot more caution but even so the odd little spill is inevitable – and a reminder to try and ride with a little more ‘skill’.
    Hope the hand improves soon πŸ˜›

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Feel a bit better after falling off today!’ is closed to new replies.