Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Feb Half Term Skiing in Scotland: Where to stay?
  • GrahamS

We (me, the mrs and 2 kids) are thinking of heading up to Scotland for the Feb half term week (18th-22nd) and trying to get some skiing/snowboarding in.

I think we’re probably going to stay somewhere in or around Fort William so that we have the choice of Nevis or Glencoe depending on conditions.

Any thoughts on good places to stay?

Doesn’t have to be five-star luxury. Quite happy to self-cater. But somewhere with a proper drying room for gear would definitely be appreciated.

Also the kids will need ski hire and lessons: is that best done through facilities on the hill or from some third party?

(For the record I am Scottish. Used to board up there back in the day, so I know what to expect regarding snow conditions or lack thereof. 🙂 I’ve just never had to actually stay over before, especially with family in tow)

Tom-B
    Free Member

*Goes for it*

France!!!

giant_scum
    Free Member

Travelodge Fort William!
    Has a Wetherspoons directly underneath for semi edible breakfast and dinner.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spean bridge is quite nice IMHO.

GrahamS

France!!!

We’ve not long finished paying for last year’s half term trip to France!

It’s mighty pricey at that time of year.

We’re probably going to Austria at Easter so this is just a chance at a little filler over half term.

Spean bridge is quite nice IMHO.

Spean Bridge Hotel, or just the area in general?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just the general area, it’s just a bit nicer than the Fort, old station restaurant used to be worth the trip alone, haven’t been for a while.

If ye don’t mind a wee drive, Arisaig is mibbe 50 mins along the road, if the snow is shite, at least you’d be in a nice area.

jacobff

I’ve styaed at lots of places in the Fort William area for kayaking over the last 15 years.

This place is inbetween Nevis range and Glencoe plus has good drying rooms and self catering plus bar / restuarant on site.

http://www.inchree.co.uk/chalets/

Was skiing at Nevis Range last Saturday. Hope you have fun.

rene59
    Free Member

Spean Bridge Hotel, or just the area in general?

Unless there has been a change in management and a major refurb sometime in the last couple of years I’d avoid this place like the plague. Utter shitehole with a level of service to match.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Feb Half Term Skiing in Scotland: Where to stay?’ is closed to new replies.