Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Fear of holes is real
  • welshfarmer

Fancy coming caving with us MrsFry?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Mr Farmer – you need help, that is my worst nightmare!

Is that toad back there in a frying pan?

martinhutch

That’s something different. Not freaked by the many holes, but always been freaked by the idea of caving, particularly constricted stuff like the first picture. Heart rate is up now even thinking about it.

spekkie
    Free Member

Isn’t the hole thing like the heights thing? I”m not good up a 30foot ladder cleaning gutters out but I’m fine at the top of a skyscraper looking down. Big holes are fine. Small holes, particularly with things in them, make my scalp crawl (currently happening !)

jimmy

I hope your OH makes you keep your leg in the shed.

Guffawing at this.

If I saw something bury itself in my leg I don’t think I could walk anywhere for fear it knew it had been discovered and was off to eat my brain.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oops, sorry

slowoldman

Actually it does occur to me that there is a specific type of hole that does give me the willies. Bell mouth spillways in reservoirs:

They just look dangerous.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

But Shirley they’re not – isn’t that the point? The lip is *just below the surface* to make it less likely to go in?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

*it was at this point, Bongo left the thread*

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Where’s that SOM? Never seen one of those, looks ace!

martinhutch

Ladybower

Bongo, still here?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS_aMAlAaeU[/video]

NSFW language…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Bongo, still here?

Sadly, yes 🙁

sharkbait
    Free Member

That makes me feel sick. I wonder if he’s still down there caving?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

That makes me feel sick. I wonder if he’s still down there caving?

That’s what I want to know now. Was he trying to go down, or trying to come out?

Did he just accept that this was his life now, and he turned into a cave person living off discarded caver rubbish?

Xylene
    Free Member

For whatever reason this makes me want to puke. I now feel queasy having searched for inside fish gills.

grahamt1980

I am clearly a bit odd.
    All those pics of things inside skin just make me want to grab a pair of tweezers or pliers and get started.
    Caving however can **** right off, didn’t like that at all (talking proper caving not the mine tour stuff, tried it didn’t like it)

slowoldman

Where’s that SOM? Never seen one of those, looks ace!

That particular one is in Wales. Here’s one at Ladybower

philjunior
    Free Member

I also still have a dislike of earwigs as I used to think they burrowed backwards into your ears and through into your brain.

I used to think the same! Why on earth did someone decide to call them earwigs (pokes about in ears to check they’re empty)

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Don’t like caving for the idea of being stuck and dying/claustrophobia!

Watched too many horror movies.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Watched too many horror movies.

Like the one a few posts up.

mrsfry
    Free Member

This is what i think of your caving

Films are made for a reason! to warn people that there are creepy mutant inbred monsters waiting inside those dark places, to munch on your bones.

‘The Descent’ is a warning to all people to stay above ground 😯

Harry_the_Spider

I’m quite worried about this ‘hole.

When I was a kid we had a train driver give a talk at school about the dangers of playing on railway lines and dropping things off bridges. He had been hit in the head by a chunk of masonry thrown through the cab window. To demonstrate the severity of the injury and the resulting surgery he took out a cigarette (this was in the ’70s) and STUCK IT IN THE HOLE IN THE SIDE OF HIS HEAD[/u].

At this point approximately 120 screamed.

Harry_the_Spider

Also.

DO NOT GOOGLE “WORM IN HOLE”.

Ever.

martinhutch

creepy mutant inbred monsters waiting inside those dark places

I assumed they’d just bumped into one of the Leeds caving club meets.

slimjim78
    Free Member

That Japanese girl with holes in her arms & legs is so obviously photoshopped that I don’t get a reaction to it, although I have seen more subtle versions where just one of those seed pods has been ‘imbedded’ in someone’s back and that sets me off…..

Yes, weirdly I know its photoshopped – rationally I should be able to irradicate any feeling of discomfort – but for whatever reason a) I am drawn to look closer at it, and b) the mere process of looking at it, and the thought of those things embedded in the skin, and possibly how that would feel – just makes me dizzy/giddy/freaked out.
    Its such a weird phenonemenoenom.

The images of really large holes dont do much at all – but if the pattern is repeated and regular, and the image is zoomed out enough as to make the image more abstract then id imagine it could evoke a reaction in me.

The cave shot.. im completely immune. In fact, id love to be a caver if I didnt have the overall shape of a barrell. However, being stuck in the cave at a section of wall that happened to have loads of burrows in the rock face, or a section of mud with burrows.. AAARRRGFFGGHGHFFFFSSSS!!

Burrows is a key word actually. I think the thought of ‘things’ burrowing away, partially unseen is the kicker.
    I wonder of this is part of the same mindset that seeing a lady wearing particularly sexy lingerie is always more appealing than seeing her completely starkers.
    Obviously both scenarios are appealing, but the thought of what is hidden beneath the lingerie is always the bit that tantalises a wee bit more. Obscure comparison perhaps, but I can see a possible tangent.

Also, do any afflicted with this condition also find ship wreck photos/ submerged vehicles/ sunken buildings completely disturbing??
    I do. I love to look at the images, but I get irrationally freaked out by them.
    THEY AREN’T SUPPOSED TO BE UNDERWATER! WHATS INSIDE THEM?????!!! IT’s DARK DOWN THERE!!
    Argh!

Octopus tentacles.. Argh!

Man, I feel like I might be sick. I’m having weird holey flashbacks.

allan23
    Free Member

Also.

Ever.

Of course now I have to, once mentioned it must be Googled….

….. but I’ll have to wait until I get home, just in case it’s rude and sets the work firewall ablaze 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

It isn’t rude. Maggots in eye sockets and a worm being pulled out of a young lady’s face were as much as I absorbed before I pushed my monitor over and bit through the power lead.

roper
    Free Member

Did someone leave a black dildo there on the right?

slimjim78
    Free Member

I just googled ‘holes in skin’ and found a bunch of images that I wanted to save and paste here as prime examples.

I found that I literally couldnt hang around long enough to save the image, I had a cold sweat and felt sick.. I had to close the page and compose myself!
    Nothing has ever made me have that reaction before, and i’ve looked at some real grot on the internets before.

Lord I hate it. MAKE IT GO AWAY!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Did someone leave a black dildo there on the right?

Are you suggesting the cavers were not the only thing being forced up tight passages that day?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Did someone say Dido?
    [video]https://youtu.be/j-fWDrZSiZs[/video]

D0NK

Also.

Ever.challenge accepted

<edit> I can only assume you’re getting different results due to your/my internet history.

DezB
    Free Member

Argh!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Did someone say Dido?

No. They said dildo.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

How do the people with a fear of holes feel about biscuits with small holes in?

slimjim78
    Free Member

too small to worry about – if they were larger and ‘crater-like’, then there would probably be an issue

spekkie
    Free Member

All joking aside, I’m on the verge of “losing the plot” with myself over that mango worms vid I watched this morning. I can feel I’m barely on the right side of standing shaking my arms and legs as if I have something horrid on me that won’t get off!

This is just so not good. I hope I forget it soon!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Yes, i’ve oversensitised myself with this thread. At lunch I was out with a colleague in his car telling him about this issue, still feeling a bit giddy, and I couldn’t even look at his dash board, as the 4 air vent pods were a bit too much..
    So I looked out the window instead at the queue of traffic and all the big holey alloy wheels..

I genuinely think I may end up needing counselling.

Signing out of this thread now. Good luck fellow hole freaks.

DT78
    Free Member

Well, I challenge anyone to eat their lunch and watch that vid I linked..

I still feel sick.

spekkie
    Free Member

DT78 that’s the one that’s done me in. Sweet Jesus it’s grim.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Fear of holes is real’ is closed to new replies.