• This topic has 13 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by maryann-spam.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • F*** Cancer
  • Bregante

Just heard in the last few hours that a good friend has died today. My wife is devastated. We met through him as we were mutual colleagues. He was a police officer for thirty years and a damn good one at that. He only found someone to be with a few years ago and retired just a few months ago in his mid fifties, looking forward to a long and happy retirement with his new partner.

Then he got the news that he had cancer. We only heard about 10 weeks ago. My wife was far closer to him than I was and she tried to get to see him but he was too I’ll too quickly and we feared the worst when he got married in a hospice just a few weeks ago.

RIP to a very fine man taken too soon.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’ll join in with the **** cancer sentiment. My Mams just been diagnosed, just waiting for one more biopsy result, but it looks like chemotherapy and hoping for the best. It’s the most helpless I’ve ever felt.

dannybgoode

Indeed. It can **** right off. My mum died from it and just recently at work a friend lost his son to it – far too young.

You have my thoughts…

matt_outandabout

🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Sad news #fuckcancer

LittleNose
    Free Member

+1 🙁

Pook

My grandma died on Thursday. We had the diagnosis three weeks ago.

MoreCashThanDash

Friend died 2-3 weeks ago. Youngest is only 9 years old. **** cancer

project
    Free Member

Those pink **** cancer socks are back on the internet.

Thats so sad, so sudden and so unforgiving,thats cancer.

dazh

Sorry to hear this Russ. Having had direct experience of sudden premature death this year I know exactly what it feels like. It leaves a massive hole that you can do bollox all about other than accept it and try to move on. Friends/relatives dying before their time is a cruel thing, but it makes you more determined to not put things off that you want to do, and to not worry about stupid annoying things that don’t matter.

prawny

Cancer is a prick, took my dad of us at the end of August, he was 72 but otherwise in top condition. I wish it would duck off and leave us all alone.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

**** it completely. Mrs EGF had an op to remove a bowel tumour in May. It went pear shaped & she had 2 bad infections so 3 big ops in 10 days.
    No sign of the big bad C but she’s still knackered. 😥

jimmy

Yeah F*** it right off. 2 years next week since it took my old man. Still can’t get over the feeling of injustice for someone who lived a very healthy life.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

@&£? It indeed. Just back from visiting Mum in hospital. She has declined quite a bit in past couple of weeks and has now stopped eating.

I feel so bad for her

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘F*** Cancer’ is closed to new replies.