Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fazua Evation powered e-Gravel bikes
  • dirkpitt74

I keep looking at the Fazua powered e-gravel bikes like the Boardman ADV 8.9E for commuting purposes.

Having never owned/ridden an eeb of any kind how do these stack up?

Doesn’t appear to have a display so how do you know what mode etc you’re in?

Any real world experience of them?

Thanks

stwhannah

Hi, An older iteration of the Fazua but I tested it here: https://singletrackworld.com/charged/2020/01/15/cairn-adventure-1-0-e-adventure-e-gravel-e-commute/

I think it’s worth noting that if you’re fit and your ride isn’t hilly, you don’t really get the full benefit of an eeb on a gravel bike (in the UK) because of the assist limiter. If you can easily do your commute at or above the assist cut off, I’m not sure it’s worth it. But if you get a lot of headwinds, don’t want to thrash yourself on the way to work etc, then worth considering.

dirkpitt74

Thanks @stwhannah – really should look at Charged a bit more.
    It’ll be for commuting (and trying to stay less sweaty on way in to work) so a gentle assisted journey close to a decent speed should be ok.

desperatebicycle

My Fazua bike has a LED indicator to show what mode and how much battery you have. Just red, blue, green and no. of lights for battery. It works fine. The new one is a lot smaller than the one in that review.
    Agree with Hannah about the benefits of a gravel bike version – easy to get over 15mph and be riding with no assistance.
    I’ve used my MTB version to commute a few times now and it definitely reduces the effort and sweat involved in the ride, but I do work at the top of a hill 🙂

alan1977
    Free Member

Ive just started using the Boardman adv 8.9e as my commuter
    The motor is more than enough for me, ive only ridden it on “river” mode so far
    6 x 9.5 mile commutes. it made 4 of those before needing recharging. taken me from ~42mins to ~36mins, theres a good 430 ft of climbing both ways. Definitely takes the sting out of the hills, and makes pulling away a breeze. the transition to 100% human power is noticible but not like hitting a brick wall.
    I’m planning on tweaking the profiles a little, and a bit of experimenting, river to work, breeze home.. I want the legwork, but also need the speed and to be bale to get ot work without being ready for bed 😀

boxelder

Limited tyre clearance on the Boardman – maybe not a problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.