Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Favourite quantocks descents
  • graemethejock

Hello
    Off to the quantocks on Thursday and after recommendations for people’s favourite descents ( apart from the triscombe ones )

Thanks in advance cheers

the00
    Free Member

There aren’t any bad descents on them hills. My favorite always tends to be the last one I did.
    If you’ve never been before, then Steart, Weacombe and Smith’s are the classics.
    Bin Combe, Frog Combe and Slaughterhouse are a bit harder to find, and a bit harder to ride.
    The trick of routing is to find the least painful ways back up and to avoid retracing too much.

glp1
    Free Member

descent into smiths Combe is brilliant, rocky, then the stream crossing, then between the heather, then the horrific climb out! Descent into weacombe is grassy and fast wide ope at the top, then beautiful single track trail the way to the bottom.

its been a few years since I did either but these were ace and featured on most of my rides when I rode there regularly.

SOAP
    Free Member

Steep turns is good and Frog Singletrack then brutal climb into bin Combe.

jam-bo

most of them seem to be doubletrack now rather than singletrack.

back in the day, blah,blah, blah…

itchy99
    Free Member

I can remember when the track parallel to the Triscombe Road (which you can probably now drive a coach down) was actually singletrack. Back in the day of 26 wheels, no dropper posts and no effing trailforks or GPS so it was local trails for local people.
    Yes, I’m old and bitter. And still crap at riding.

And Narnia is still good!

ndthornton
    Free Member

I order of quality…

Bin combe
    Steep combe
    Smith combe
    Somerton combe
    Frog combe
    Lower hare knap

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Favourite quantocks descents’ is closed to new replies.