Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Favourite places to stay in the Dales
  • Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Ok. So I’m hoping to do some riding in the Yorkshire Dales as I have next week off work. Don’t live too far away but always seem to have missed it out in favour of North Yorks, Lakes and Peak District.

Any suggestions for places to stay that are close to some good riding, mountain biker (i.e somewhere to store bike) friendly and reasonably priced. Youth Hostels are ok but I don’t sleep well in those little bunk beds with someone snoring all night!

Cheers.

CrispyCSW

Dales Bike Centre just outside Reeth.

topangarider
    Free Member

I can highly recommend Grinton Lodge YHA as a nice place to stay. Pubs in Reeth aren’t far away either.

ton

any of the pubs or bnbs in kettlewell.
    great ride area.

Gary_C

What about the pub in Appletreewick,which is run by an mtb’er.
    Can’t recall the effin name tho,sorry!

chilli
    Free Member

New Inn at Appletreewick,or the pub at Middlesmoor,can’t remember the name!Both great pubs and superb riding out the door.

Ed-O
    Free Member

2nd the Dales Bike Centre as mentioned above.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

New Inn, Appletreewick. Bloody brilliant place to stay. Check it out here

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

That’s great. Gives me a lot to look into. Looks lime the weather is set to warm up a bit as well! Just need to feed up and dig the dales mtb guides out. Thanks folks.

DeeJay
    Free Member

MrT

If you pick Reeth area and are around on the Friday I am off work if you fancy a ride.
    email in profile

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Deejay. Might be around that area on Fri. Not sure yet. Won’t have internet access for a few days now so maybe text me your phone number to 07867 637586. Cheers Richard.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Favourite places to stay in the Dales’ is closed to new replies.