Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Favourite bike sounds
  • oldnpastit

Nice sounds from a bike:

Tyre pinging up into place when mounting it tubeless.

The final last tiny hiss of air as it seals up.

breadcrumb

The squelch of a freshly serviced fork, other than that tyres on dirt.

iBaa
    Free Member

The thud of the tyres and clatter of chain after landing a jump.

stevede
    Free Member

Component wise it’s a marmite thing – the pro 2 freehub, oh and the noise of my floating rotors tinging at the bottom of a long descent as they cool down.
    Riding wise it’s the sound of a tyre as someone rails a nice turn or pumps through a section without dragging the brakes.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Yep, the woomph and zzz of a well ridden berm.

It’s certainly NOT the eeeerk noise that disc brakes sometimes make.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Snow crunching under tyres
    Pro2 hubs freewheeling

khani
    Free Member

Silence…no creaks, squeaks, rattles, just the sound of the tyres on the trail.. 8)

yunki
    Free Member

Silence…no creaks, squeaks, rattles, just the sound of the tyres on the trail..

+1

with that slight resonant ringing sound you get from the air in the tyres.. a bit like a basketball

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Freehub whirr: The sound of fun.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Not so much the sound, rather the lack of sound as you briefly leave the ground leaving tyre on dirt noise behind.
    Just in case this makes it sound like I can jump, I can’t, but everyone leaves the ground occasionally when on it! And the lack of Hope hubs means it really is just wind noise 🙂

warton
    Free Member

the sound of my 50mm carbon rims as i unleash my massive wattage on them

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

That popping sound off the discs when braking…and them dinging after a big descent…

Kuco

The sound of a nice crisp clean drivetrain all working how it should.

Tom83

The sound from my superstar switch rear hub when i go from freewheeling to peddling. Noisy to night on silet, love it.

Also riding over fresh snow.

Basil

The girlish scream I emit when a wet footpath gives me a unexpected two wheel drift

andeh

Fat tyres over hundreds of small roots.

retro83
    Free Member

the noise of crisp leaves being whooshed into the air on cold autumn evenings

also quite like the noise of oil in the forks ‘swishswishswishswish’ as you go over rocks

Lifer
    Free Member

On the road – the ‘vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr’ of tyres on the road and nothing else

On the mtb – same as retro the woosh of leaves, or the kind of ‘phut phut’ you get on dusty trails

qwerty
    Free Member

The ping of spokes on a newly built wheel as they settle into their place when ridden for the first few revolutions. 🙂

jono84
    Free Member

I’m with kuco I love the sound of a nice clean drive train as I pedal along with the only other sound being from the wind passing by also I get the wind rattling round my mouth as I drop my jaw further an further as I concentrate a little to hard …… oh an the panting from a mate as I try to look like I’ve just made it up a hill without even trying even tho I’m dieing inside

qwerty
    Free Member

You cannae beat the sound of silence whilst freewheeling downhill across sponge like grass that absorbs all the sound and looks lush.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

The ping ping ping of the spokes,as a freshly built front wheel beds in as you start on the first bit of single track of a sunny morning ride 😆

montylikesbeer

Pro 2 hub on a long decent is a cracking sound.

Also bizarrely the odd “ping” and “creak” on my 5

swamptin
    Free Member

Freehub whirr: The sound of fun.

This. Especially when combined with the silence of being airborne. Also, sometimes, this…

The girlish scream I emit when a wet footpath gives me a unexpected two wheel drift

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Buzzy wasp freehub like a pro11 does it for me or you tyres crunching and squelching as they contort and deform to the rocks,roots and camber on a fast corner- you hear it a lot in MTB movies , makes me wanna get out there

I cant stand the clang of the chain after a jump

mrlebowski
    Free Member

The sound of a good, clean, well-timed shift..

Like a round going home on a bolt-action rifle.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

The little whir of the front wheel + the freehub click while manualling. Aaah.

rp16v
    Free Member

the whizzy sound tyres make when a section/berm is pumped properley or the wow sound of the person behind when u boost a random bit of trail unixpectidley

inkisink
    Free Member

The deep, gentle hollow thudding sound of low pressure tubeless tires over mossy forest root ridden trails on a slightly moist autumn morning.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Stones being pinged out the side of my tyres, and the click-clunk of a good gearchange. 😀

Conan257
    Free Member

Being close enough to the guy infront to buzz his tyre, while having a hope hub freewheeling in his ears…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Thousands of fans lining the trails screaming my name, gasping as I land 40ft gaps and shouts of awesome admiration. Happens all the time, like.

jimthelad
    Free Member

Hearing a friend behind you let out a gutteral ‘HUURRRHGHH’ as they momentarily use more strength than normal to keep themselves from going over the bars.

tomhoward

King rear hub.
    The silence of wheels in the air, followed by the sound of tyres on trail upon landing poyfectly.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The gasps, the cheers, and the rounds of applause that onlookers make when I ride past them.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Favourite bike sounds’ is closed to new replies.