Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Favourite bench
  • plumber
    Free Member

There’s an odd bench overlooking bumbles green

Definitely not kosher but a fine view all the same

z1ppy

@sargey, Which one? (taken for a photo thread a while back.. 2011 even)

I like the Freddie Gilroy and the Belsen Stragglers one in scarborough

freddie-gilroyhttps://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/13/0d/29/7e/freddie-gilroy.jpg

(Not my photo or my kids)

Rockape63
    Free Member

Bench

jca

This one

The statue of Sir Nicholas Winton on platform 3 at Maidenhead station. Used to pass it daily on my commutes into London, which made me look up why it was there. Well, he organised the rescue of 669 primarily jewish children from Czechoslavkia prior to the outbreak of WWII. He was knighted for services to humanity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Winton

reeksy

My first is at Mystic Mountain in Bright

My second isn’t really a public bench. It was “The Bench.” My old 110 Defender that we lapped Australia in.

spekkie
    Free Member

Best bench ever – Winter or Summer . . . .

duncancallum

360° bench….

kayak23

Fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, fricasse shrimp…

California 2009

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The one with this view.

Top of Sutton Bank.

CountZero

Currently this one, that I usually sit on for a bit while on my extended walk back home from town. It’s a lovely little park that’s well used, the band stand does actually get used.

Poopscoop

@spooky_b329

Hi there, what hill is that you mention mate?

Thanks!

mtbfix

Heading back down the bridleway from Roundhouse Farm just outside Henley is a bench looking down a small valley and on toward the Thames. Don’t think I’ve ever actually stopped there but the view is a bucolic idyll given its proximity to Reading.

spooky_b329

@poopscoop

It’s between Southease and Rodmell in East Sussex. If you are riding East to West it rises up from South Farm, the bench is at the top of Mill Lane, Rodmell. I highly recommend Mill Lane as a kinder alternative if you don’t want a push 🙂

Prophet2
    Free Member

The bench up at the Mast at Glentress. Never tire of that view.

reluctantjumper

Not the greatest view but the bench at Cwm Rhaeadr at the point where the singletrack starts on the fireroad climb ends is always one that sticks in the mind. It’s always incredibly peaceful there, you have to earn the rest and it’s all fun on the way back down. Have seen Red Kites flying around from it, watched planes fly along the valley and even had a nice little snooze on it when doing laps a few times too. It’s a dedicated bench that’s starting to rot, hopefully it’ll be replaced when the time comes.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.