Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Faulty SRAM Chain?
  • danrandon
    Free Member

Calling on the hive mind here.

Purchased a a new PC1051 10 speed chain as the other snapped and was out on a ride and didn’t have a split link on me and the shop didn’t have any in stock.

Fitted the chain and the whole drivetrain makes a creaking noise. When home I repaired the old chain which is at .3% stretch and refitted and the noise goes away.

To eliminate other items fitted spare cassette, chain ring, jockey wheels had new bottom bracket fitted, and put new chain back on.Noise returns.

Any ideas what could be causing this? seems odd that after replacing everything else it still makes this noise with the new chain but with the old one its fine.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

New chain on worn components meaning profile of teeth doesn’t quite match with chain.

I’ve experienced it before and you get a weird noise from the chain trying to mesh with the drive train.

danrandon
    Free Member

New chain on worn components meaning profile of teeth doesn’t quite match with chain.

I’ve experienced it before and you get a weird noise from the chain trying to mesh with the drive train.

I’ve replaced the BB, Chainring, cassette, and jockey wheels all with new spare components and it still does it though. Everything is torqued up right.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Faulty SRAM Chain?’ is closed to new replies.