Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Faulty goods/consequential losses question
  • woody2000

I bought a usb disk enclosure on Friday, set it up last night. Plugged it in, there’s a puff of smoke and a burning smell and it would seem the enclosure and my drive are fried. I’ll be taking it back obviously, can I expect the drive to be replaced too?

It was a driveless enclosure to allow me to reuse a sata drive I already had if that wasn’t clear.

Drac

Which one killed the other?

woody2000

Well, the drive was fine prior to going in the enclosure is all I can say!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well, the drive was fine prior to going in the enclosure is all I can say!

question still stands, good luck proving otherwise

Which one killed the other?

br
    Free Member

I’ve just googled them, and still no idea what they do…

nickjb
    Free Member

I would imagine there’s a couple of pages of warnings and instructions about ESD precautions that will get them out of any trouble.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Sounds more like a connector put on reversed to me 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

Good luck with proving it was the caddy at fault rather than the disk or you not connecting stuff properly. Unfortunately sometimes you have to chalk stuff down to shit happens.

antigee

its at times like this that just after purchase you need to have emailed the supplier your terms and conditions of purchase – so that when they tell you that theirs excludes consequential loss you can point to their autorespond acknowledging receipt of your email and therefore your terms which incidentally should include a reference to being entitled to any free totty
    ©antigee

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Faulty goods/consequential losses question’ is closed to new replies.