Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Fatty rolling chassis, delivery time.
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

Just in case your wondering what your sorting out did this week Brant:

Untitled by ciderinsport, on Flickr
    Even a little personal touch 😳

Untitled by ciderinsport, on Flickr

Thanks for making it happen 😆

Now to sort out 40mpg so he can buy my spare chainset… Another fatty in the family – and he’s always been the skinny brother 😯

wwaswas

that’s really nice 🙂

I don;t want to ask how much it weighs.

How much does it weigh?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    that’s really nice

I don;t want to ask how much it weighs.

How much does it weigh?

Thanks 😀

now weight… not really sure – drilling the rims tomorrow so at a guess based on others builds etc around 32lb??? Maybe!

Cost £200 more than the standard one – money well spent to get exactly what I wanted! That includes all the bits to run it SS, 1×10 or 2×10!

akira

Any idea of price of carbon forks? Probable new year upgrade after me cranks. Hopefully I’ll get rims drilled and build finished tomorrow.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Anyone want a new X5 100mm chainset and BB? Now 40mpg (big bro!) has done a secret deal with Brant he no longer wants my impulse purcahse!

JoeG
    Free Member

Wow! Now 2×10 still at the same price; that would have saved me a lot of $$$ when I got mine 11 months ago. I went 2×10 from the start with my Fatty. Glad I did, though I use the big ring most of the time.

And I don’t see any corners cut on other stuff, either. The only other change that I saw was the brakes; Avid DB3 instead of Elixir 1s, which I assume is a new/replacement model from Avid. The Fatty is even better than it was last year.

And the rolling chassis bundle is still up for $725 on the US site! 😉

crispyrice

I ordered a rolling chassis last week before they disappeared, so it should come today. I will attempt to set them up as tubeless but I should be very nervous drilling out the rims. Is there anywhere they can be sent off to that will do it ?

rufus748
    Free Member

I was about to press the button on a fatty then noticed the carbon fork updates. Is it going to be the same as the On One fork currently available but in a fat version or a new design?
    Also, what size BB shell? I’m looking to run SS and considering a Beer components ECC.

twoniner
    Free Member

If I was to do it again I’d go for the Rolling chassis. The BB on that chainset is pants and the headset didn’t last long either.

I bought the Carver O’Beast carbon forks for mine.

akira

If you’re going to drill your rims make sure you have a decent drill. Small battery drill struggles, big hammer drill loves it 😉

twoniner
    Free Member

18V DeWalt did mine on a couple of batteries. A Dremmel comes in handy for cleaning up the cut holes too.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Fatty rolling chassis, delivery time.’ is closed to new replies.