Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Fatty rolling chassis, delivery time.
  • akira

Just quick query to anyone who has got one, how long did it take to deliver? As you may guess I’m patiently awaiting mine and thought ask before getting all stroppy 😉

akira

No-one(see what I did there?) May just call tomorrow as week to not even post it seems bit long.

JoeG
    Free Member

I have a Fatty, but I was one of the preorders on the original shipment. I waited 6-8 weeks IIRC, but they were clear that it was a preorder and that they weren’t in stock.

But if their website says that everything is in stock, a week seems like a long time, especially as it doesn’t have to be built up or anything.

letmetalktomark

What’s the status of the order when you log in?

I had a recent delay in an order due to an item being out of stock. All items showed as being in stock when I placed the order and still in stock nearly a week later when I phoned to check what was happening.

The girl I spoke with was hugely apologetic and put it down to a rubbish stock system.

These things happen.

Call them Monday.

akira

Status: Preparing to be shipped – Your order is ready to be shipped
    Everything says in stock, ordered on Monday and status hasn’t changed.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I ordered the same last Tuesday evening, so after reading this on their website I thought I might have the bits by last weekend:

Order Processing and Dispatch
    Planet X offers free express delivery to anywhere in the UK.

Customers worldwide can benefit from our same-day dispatch service on ‘in stock’ orders placed before 3pm GMT.

Please note: Our bikes are built to order and may be subject to a 10 to 14 working day build time.

Any orders received after 3pm GMT or during the weekend will be dispatched the following working day.

Pre-orders for products not currently in stock will ship as soon as stock is available.

So far nothing has happened… not even been dispatched!

Last week a pal brought a frame – turned up next day..
    This weekend my brother brought a road bike – turned up today..

Why me???

akira

Phoned them on Monday and wheels are at different warehouse, would have them ready yesterday or today……still not been dispatched. Getting bit annoyed after eight days.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

edited 😉

Maybe I should shout for Brant! Brant! Help us out Brant – please 😕

brant
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this. I’ll go have a chat with someone.

brant
    Free Member

Akira and Ciderinsport.

Please can you email me – brant at planet x dot co dot you kay

wwaswas

less than a minute, something of a record 🙂

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Brant – thanks 😀

email on route!

akira

Ditto, I think every bike company should have a Brant.

brant
    Free Member

I’ve looked into this, and I am hoping your bundles will ship tonight. We’re also looking into why this has taken so long to resolve.

The wheels are held a different location, but that shouldn’t impact on customers ability to receive goods to our dispatch promises.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Thanks Brant 🙂

There is renewed hope for a fat ride this weekend 😆

shermer75
    Free Member

Ciderinsport, 45 minutes ago:

akira

Ah excellent, got hole saw ready and waiting.

Saccades
    Free Member

There is a very polite lady working at on-one customer service with a loverly voice (not a yorkshire accent), one you could happily drown in.

I think I could have forgiven her anything…

Good job really as 2 items that were showing in stock when I ordered were actually out of stock. But I have had 2 follow up phone calls to keep me informed and gave me a choice of refund or wait for one to be restocked so no real complaints.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I went to order my rolling chassis this morning and *bang* it disappeared!
    Apparently it is due to a shortage in tyre stocks. The guy I spoke to on the phone was perhaps a little too honest and told me that there is more profit in the whole bike sales and as such the decision was made to withdraw the bundle offer.
    I literally had it in my ‘basket’ then went to check it out and it was no longer there! Angry
    I’ve got a Whippet and PX Carbon Pro Red and had a 456 and have had good dealings with OO and PX but have left a little disappointed this time. I appreciate there has to be a cut off when such decisions are made but it was like a member of staff in the supermarket take an item out of my basket as I walked down the aisle. 🙁

wwaswas

as such the decision was made to withdraw the bundle offer.

bugger. Been poised to press buy on one of those for a week or so.

now, could I buy the whole bike and sell everything bar the rolling chassis and crankset for £350-£400?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

now, could I buy the whole bike and sell everything bar the rolling chassis and crankset for £350-£400

Think you’d struggle, it comes with some pretty crap kit as standard IIRC..

Edit; Yup, X5 and Avid Discs… 😐

wwaswas

that’s about the conclusion I reached. poo.

40mpg

Doh! was about to commit to a bundle too, have already bought the chainset! Thats a bummer if I’ve got to buy the whole bike, as I was looking for better chainset and brakes 🙁

Might have to have another look at the Charge, Singular or Genesis now

Shorty12
    Free Member

My replacement frame is also taking a long time to be posted.

akira

My rolling chassis should be with me tomorrow, seem to have got caught in the middle of bit of confusion at their end. BB ordered from Germany late Monday night arrived this morning….

ciderinsport
    Free Member

have already bought the chainset!

Phew – for a moment I thought you might not want it!!

Mine too is shipped, due tomorrow 🙂

Some drilling and building, then a nice long ride in the New Forest on Sunday 😆

Bring on the tangerine dream 😯

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Out of interest which chainset did you guys go for?

akira

Cheap sram one with howitzer bb, reckon I’ll upgrade to race face evolve when funds allow.

JoeG
    Free Member

The Fatty rolling chassis is still on the US site; it says that it drop ships from the UK warehouse. 😉

Fatty Rolling Chassis US

40mpg

Fatty bundle is back – but just frame & forks now for £350.

Throw in the wheels and tyres and its a cool £750 !! Thats a 50% increase over last weeks price!

wwaswas

tbh, it was the wheels and tyres I really wanted – frame was almost included for free at £500…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Anyone tried a cheeky order from the US site?
    Still listed there!

wwaswas

I thought about that but you’d need to add VAT if nothing else to those prices.

ciderinsport
    Free Member
    wwaswas
    akira

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/ZXOOFFFAT/on_one_fatty_frameset_bundle
    Frame and fork bundle for 350, glad I bought when I did.

doh
    Free Member

at 999 for 2×10 it is still a very good deal, (not as good as the £500 bundle though) i found the x5 stuff and brakes fine but I had better brakes and xt gearing to swap it out with.

is that some kind of clamp that the front mech bolts too?
    and when do the carbon forks land brant?? 8)

brant
    Free Member

It’s a high direct mount clamp with 100mm spacing adaptor thing.
    Carbon forks maybe a month away.

40mpg

Brant – are you doing any pre-orders on fatties with carbon forks? Got £100 credit with you following another recent bike purchase which I need to spend before 30 Nov!

brant
    Free Member

40mpg – Member
    Brant – are you doing any pre-orders on fatties with carbon forks? Got £100 credit with you following another recent bike purchase which I need to spend before 30 Nov!
    POSTED 48 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

You want to give us £1100 and we give you a carbon forked fatty when they arrive?
    I can arrange that. Mail me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Fatty rolling chassis, delivery time.’ is closed to new replies.