Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Fathers Day pressie
  • lil-lisa
    Free Member

Hi All,

I've been trying to think of what to get the SO for fathers day, and have thought that a personalised cycling jersey with a picture of him and the little one may be an option, but does anyone know if this is possible and where I could find a place that would do it?

I did consider a engraved rotor for his bike, but it was declined as it would get used, so he wants something he can keep, but he's not into trinkets etc, and ideas?

He already has a mug with her footprints on it, but won't use it as he's afraid he'll break it.

Basic criteria
    * Not something you eat/drink/disposable
    * Something to keep that isn't naff
    * Is a stay at home dad so no cufflinks, calendar, mouse mat etc…

any other ideas if you think the jersey is lame????

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Difficult one really. Personally I can't get too excited about father's day as it feels nothing more than a cheap commercial opportunity to try and balance mothers day. I'm quite happy with a toblerone (other chocolate products may be available and would probably do) or a chance to just do what I want to do on the day. This year it will be something I can look forward to when I return from this Good, fun romp around

samuri
    Free Member

I'm inclined to agree. I could quite happily leave Fathers day to be honest. It means more to the kids than the father I reckon. Just get a card for him.

Unless of course, your (baby?) has told you they want to get something else. 😉

uplink
    Free Member

Personally I can't get too excited about father's day as it feels nothing more than a cheap commercial opportunity to try and balance mothers day

Mother's day is 9 months after Father's day

GW
    Free Member

jersey sounds awful.

you don't need to get him something to keep, he has your child to remind him he's a father.. just a wee treat on Fathers day will do 😉

StuF

My kids (better half) got me a personalised hip flask (To Dad, lots of love from kids type of thing)

Now its part of my essential camping kit

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

My dad died before father's day was invented 🙁

lil-lisa
    Free Member

We kind of agreed on a deal that we would do it once for each other, and then leave it until Sam is old enough to want to do something for him herself.

RustySpanner

How about a proper studio photo of the two of them?

Or even a painting/pencil drawing if your feeling flush?

Trekster

prefer kids to spend money on themselves and grandkids.
    Will be taking them out for lunch on Sat, 2 birthdays last week and this, 30 & 27 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How is she now anyway? Getting over her tonsillitis?

jahwomble
    Free Member

I've been asking for a leopard for years now. A monkey would also do. My dad had a monkey and I don't see why I should not have one.

lil-lisa
    Free Member

@ Mastiles – she's doing better, hates the penicillin, but her temperature has dropped off, and her is eating some food. I know there will be plenty more to come, but it's her first illness so I think I over reacted slightly.

thanks for asking

I like the photo idea and the hip flask, but he doesn't really drink, and is already kicking up a fuss about the familt photo shoot we have booked.

Will look into the painting idea, see how flush I need to feel 🙂

Thanks for the suggestions

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

swiss army knife….

lil-lisa
    Free Member

He has 3 of those, although they are all missing the tweezers

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

then some new tweezers (x 3 pairs) is the way forward! 8)

bikemonkey
    Free Member

3 sets of penknife tweezers then?

EDIT – good work MrCrushrider!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

she's doing better, hates the penicillin

Our two hate meds too – it upsets me to hear them scream when we have to force them down :-(. Are you using a syringe or spoon?

lil-lisa
    Free Member

We've gone the syringe option, she took the first dose from the spoon then just refused to open her mouth after that.

It's upsetting to see her distressed, but such a relief to see her recovering so quickly.

fadda

Scooter.

You know, like the kids have. They're ace!

Drac

Mother's day is 9 months after Father's day

Mother's Day is in March and Father's day in June so how is Father's day first?

I'll get my box of chocolate gingers and a couple of cards.

chewkw
    Free Member

This one … Merkur Heavy Duty 34C.

Plus … Feather New Hi-Stainless razor blades (Sharpest blade available so use it carefully … made in Japan the Samurai way)

Plus …

Plus … a brush from here … and just use a shaving bowl from whatever is available.

Shaving brushes

Or if you are posh then you might want … Here are the Roll Royce of stainless steel safety razor.

£150-ish, made in Japan

Feather All Stainless Safety Razor

Or PILS safety razor … £220-ish, made in Germany

PILS Safety Razor

:mrgreen:

P/s: D'oh! Ignore my suggestion as I thought you were buying for your father … damn … I am saving up for Feather safety razor …

yossarian
    Free Member

but it's her first illness so I think I over reacted slightly

yep, been there

I remember hovering over my eldest's cot for a good hour when he was a few months old and had some ailment or other. With my second, it was more a case of 'here's your meds, here's your bed, good night!' 🙂

tinker-belle
    Free Member

chewkw – I do like the look of those…

Jerome
    Free Member

Is a stay at home dad..

Get home out of the house.
    Gliding lesson would be my vote ..

tinker-belle
    Free Member

His folks bought him a gliding lesson a couple of years ago, he turned green and made me swear I'd never book him and experiance.

Am considering a training thing is it Nigel Page?

chewkw
    Free Member

tinker-belle – Member

chewkw – I do like the look of those…

I would go for Feather All Stainless Steel safety razor first since it has received rave reviews. Pils are alright but just too expensive I guess.

:mrgreen:

p/s: oh … if he doesn't like the Feather safety razor (exactly the one above) … I will buy it off you.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Fathers Day pressie’ is closed to new replies.