Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Fathers Day Gifts
  • wiggles
    Free Member

theotherjonv

Ladybird book of the Dad here too, and a pass to do a metric century for the first time in about 20 years.

br
    Free Member

My kids are 22, 21 and 17.

Got two quality clamps (one from each of the elder two) and then hinge drills and some pozi bits from the youngest.

Just what I asked for.

Plus a decent lunch with the wife while we went to the local book festival (jazz in the afternoon and Phill Jupitus talking about stuff). And the youngest drove us there/back 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    edhornby

I specifically asked for no money to be spent on me and they did (this is not me being a grumpyarse but I’m not in favour of endless consumerism) but Mrs Ed drove back from FinLaws and we drank great wine. That was what I wanted.

3yo found the card she made and gave it to her mum 😀

cookeaa

Pretty much received nothing here.
    A card (only the one, and ripped where she’d removed the price), eldest’s school does a pocket money fathers day gift bazaar type thing, so I received a box of minging chocolates and a chilli-salt mill… TBF the chilli salt might well come in handy.

Then my missus took me to brunch (at her favourite place), booked tickets for a circus (I had clearly stated I had no interest in going to), and then we went to my MIL for dinner (so she didn’t have to cook)… Now the weather’s turned shite in order to scupper my evening ride plans.

And other Dads are getting motoGP tickets and posh whiskey?

I am unimpressed…

I’m gonna waste some money on wiggle, that’ll learn her!

clunker

No cards or gifts from my three, we all went on a nice ride over my local trails and then home for a lovely meal with my dad.

What more could you ask for.

dknwhy

Got a little bottle of whiskey and some chocolate but best of all were the coupons that my 9 year old son made – 10 coupons that I can cash in any time such as:

“A bike ride together in any park and of your choice”
    “Watching your choice of film together”
    “A walk together”
    “Playing fifa together” etc.. 😀

beagle
    Free Member

A Hay Designs kitchen roll dispenser as I’m always bitching about the old one we have in the kitchen, a selection of Williams Brothers Beers (just sunk a Good Times) and an IPA from Bollington Brewery. Also some Motezumas dark chocolate buttons (world class) and lunch bought for me with a couple of pints. World class day. Thanks Girls! 😆

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Did my first triathlon this year, and my running medals are sitting in a pile in my office, so this rather thoughtful present

cloudnine
    Free Member

3 homemade cards and various drawings, a few bottles of leffe blonde and a cake.
    The big ride I had planned for this morning was scuppered by the lashing rain so had a lay in.

euain

Five bottles of Brewdog and a bag of broken glass in an inch of beer. I suspect one of the kids is destined to be a airport luggage handler.

binners

Isto is definitely winning. That is such a cool idea!!!! 🙂

I got breakfast in bed (sausage butty) along with the observer, delivered by the girls this morning. And also a nice bottle of Rioja. Managed to resist the urge to wash the sausage butty down with the Rioja. – just – as I had to drive later. Otherwise I’d still be in bed, shouting random stuff, like Father Jack!

ARSE!!! 😀

steveoath
    Free Member

The one on the right.

mechanicaldope

Wera Hex Keys. Nice. 😀

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

My kids are 28,25 and 21, had some local brummie beers, local pickles (yum) and a new pair of in ear, ear phones 🙂 … very happy dad

JEngledow
    Free Member

My 3 year old (with help from my wife) bought me some Lego Duplo. My wife buys Father’s Day presents that my son and I will play with together (last year it was Brio track), as a result we spent most of the afternoon building stuff (including a tower taller than the 3 year old) 😆

matt_outandabout

Beer – yorkshire and Scottish of course.
    Fudge (as the brand is my name and sins name)
    Coffee cake, homemade by son.

razorrazoo

Coyote
    Free Member

A fine selection of beers from my daughter and a fully bespoke, one of a kind Lego Groot off my boy. Groot keyring too. Very happy dad.

zippykona

In our shop Mothering Sunday is the busiest day of the year. Father’s Day has gained momentum in the last 2 years but the amount of money and effort expended by the ladies on their children’s father is pitiful.
    Dads , you still have just over an hour to make up the difference.

johndoh
    Free Member

A couple of pottery things painted up at a local craft shop, homemade cards and an apron listing the food/meals that they like me making for them.

Then a meal in their favourite restaurant – a curry house 🙂

My work here is done.

orangespyderman

I got a rucksack. Actually I got the rucksack that my other half (kids are very young) got a refund from my last birthday present. Scenario :

1) Get a rucksack for birthday
    2) Issue with rucksack
    3) Other half gets a refund for said rucksack with issue
    4) Get new rucksack for father’s day

Basically, then, I got my last birthday present for father’s day 😯

falkirk-mark

And a box of assorted beer mostly pale ales

lovewookie

Cordless screwdriver from my 16 year old. I did ask for it too 🙂

Though she’d arranged to go to her boyfriends, without a thought that we may be doing stuff, so the wife and I went out to Singl-end hipster cafe for ‘trying too hard to be quirky’ breakfast.

it was nice though.

normal service resumed later, wetherspoons chicken and rib combo..

watched the rain,
    watched a couple of films.
    played with the dog.

yunki
    Free Member

I lost a few coolness points with my four year old when he discovered that I wouldn’t be going out to play with all the other dads on father’s day..

I think he imagines it’s like some sort of pride festival or sci-fi convention

tinybits
    Free Member

Spent the day cooking and running around like a blue arsed fly due to sons 3rd Birthday. Little bugger had the audacity to be born close enough to fathers day to ensure they always clash. WOuldn’t mind but the daughter was born 2 days after my birthday – this means no birthday either!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

New roadie shorts and jersey.

Plus a ride with me.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I was released into the wild for a couple of hours first thing on my bike, which is a real treat nowadays.

Came home to a bag of peanut butter M&M’s and Pretzel M&M’s . Ooh they know me so well.

franksinatra

Wife had a hangover due to gin tasting session at the local Book Festival on saturday, So I got up early, walked dog, made breakfast for everyone then cracked on with the laundry. Fixed the broken shower then tidied up the kitchen. Wife then had studying to do so I took the lad along to his 4 hour football tournament which concluded with rain. Tried to entertain the other two, bored, kids whilst football was going on. Got home, cooked dinner, tidied house, did the rest of the laundry and got kids off to bed.

I got a card and a DVD.

Not that I am complaining or anything…..

TiRed

Brunch for nine, a lovely dog walk with the extended family, then dinner and watch the European GP with my new step-father. Married 13 days and now a widower. Those pink socks are ever more relevant.

Oh and I have a bike book at home I chose a few weeks ago.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I was working yesterday so my two, 8 and 12, came and helped. So they helped build the pumptrack, kept me fed and watered and showed the other kids how to ride it when I started to get a bit hoarse. Finished the day with a takeaway curry and fell asleep on the sofa together.

spacemonkey

Chocs, brandy and a good old feed including homemade lemon drizzle cake that was proper nom.

Afternoon included an hour on local trails whereupon 5 yr old monkey jnr got his first air!

I think pads and maybe a FF helmet are on the cards.

stgeorge

and

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

2 hours lie-in to nurse the hangover from hell.

The opportunity to get the hangover from hell whilst wifey went home to relieve the babysitter.

That’s amazing Spacemonkey Jr!

retro83
    Free Member

I got an Edwin Jagger razor after Cougar made me feel inferior about my £3.99 dual edge on a thread the other week. So far, so bleedy! Alum block has had a fair old workout this morning.

and did you record this? URL plz

spacemonkey

That’s amazing Spacemonkey Jr!

Cheers!

He’s quite a fearless little chap so it takes a bit to manage his enthusiasm at times 🙂

mark90
    Free Member

A day with the kids while the missus worked a 12 shift. A spin out round Ashton court with the littlest on the weeride and the biggest on her new (to her) 24″. Then spent the wet afternoon in refereeing their arguments. Good job they got me some cider too 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

A quiet day as mini-me aka rocket jr has left to start work with one of the Internet giants in Dublin 🙁

Doesn’t seem that long ago the nurse handed him to me when he’d just been born

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Fathers Day Gifts’ is closed to new replies.