• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by cb.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fatboy Slim – help from younger / hipper people please
  • cb

Now I like listening to Mr Slim but I’m no dance fan. As I’m almost as old as him I thought I’d get tickets to see him before either he or I dies.

Now that was the easy bit and Saturday night in Manchester it is. However, we also wanted to try and get tout tickets for the Thunder gig beforehand. The Fatboy info seems to suggest that there is a “get in before X o’clock” cut off point, so just wondering when the old boy is likely to hit the stage?

The whole thing ends at 3am and that’s fine as long as we don’t have to sit and wait 4 hours in a dance club drinking £6 cans of Red Stripe for four hours. I’m guessing he will start around 1am but I really am guessing! There is also conflicting info suggesting last entry to be either 9pm; 9.30pm; 10.30pm or 11pm!

Anyone seen him recently that could give an idea of stage time? I’ve never seen a last entry stipulation on a gig before!

myti
    Free Member

Don’t drink shit expensive lager, take your own ‘refreshments’

cb

Did you read the bit about how old I am? I’m actually quite looking forward to being the only person not tripping their tits off. Just not for four hours.

myti
    Free Member

Age matters not if it’s a once in a blue moon and those four hours would fly by 😉

poolman
    Free Member

Have a brilliant night, I nearly went but did the slow readers concert last night. The peveril of the peak pub is a great escape from the Christmas crowds, gt bridgewater st. Enjoy

mccraque

I’ve been to a few of His gigs as a Brightonian. I’m also an old geriatric fart.

No idea how long they last but I can promise you will feel like shit the next morning.

richardkennerley

Twitter can be pretty good for finding out stage times on the night.

Depending on the venue you could go in, find out and come back later if necessary!

eulach

Well?

cb

Well?

Well we made it, no sodding clues anywhere about stage times but the lazy arse didn’t turn up until 1.20am! We got in at 11pm without hassle but packed by then!

The venue itself was an eye opener, never having been to one of these things before. I was expecting fairly small affair but the WHP is enormous! I was completely wrong about the £6 cans of Red Stripe as well, an absolute bargain at £5.50 a pop…

Mccraque is wise, I am indeed feeling like living death today! Won’t be making a habit of it but really enjoyed it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fatboy Slim – help from younger / hipper people please’ is closed to new replies.