Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Fatbike mudguards
  • fadda

Thought I’d start a specific thread, since reading the other threads has forced me to go and buy one:

What mudguards should I fit to my new fatbike…?

cheekyget
    Free Member

Muc off ones….

Trying them out on Sunday

muddyground
    Free Member

Similar to the above, except for the front a cut down bleach bottle. The rear? Well I’m a tart so went for the bobber look with a small 26″ one.

MadBillMcMad

rear – I use a 29er Mudhugger – perfect
    front – I have a crudguard & a standard MuckyNutz but there is afat bike specific one MuckyNutz FatFace Fender

lightman
    Free Member

Do you want a proper mudguard?
    Some people use thse and they work really well.
    And smaller.

cooie

2nd the 29er Mudhugger for the rear, really sturdy.

cooie

Oops, double post!

cooie

Not the best pic, but gives you an idea.

wwaswas

4th the mudhugger:

fadda

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I’ve taken the mudhugger off my 29er, and you’re right, it’s perfect. I’ve popped a standard muckynutz on the front so I can get to the FoD tomorrow, and I’ll find a bottle to carve up when I have a bit more time.

Cheers all!

muddyground
    Free Member

Good luck with it all! Fun to be had watching the front tyre grab twigs or stones, only for it to throw them away half a revolution later.

rOcKeTdOg

5th

trout
    Free Member

6Th Mudhuggers front and rear

fadda

Ah, troutie – is that a 29er front, as well, presumably?

I just charged my liberator, BTW, ready for tomorrow night – still going strong, and soon to be seen on a Calibre Dune!

trout
    Free Member

Both rears but works well on the front
    the bit in front of the forks is chopped off the bottom of the front

Coolio RE the Lib need to build mt self some lights now

fadda

Ah, I see how you’ve done it now. I need to get more creative!

flashes
    Free Member

Not mine unfortunately. V nice….adapted trial guards…

zippykona

Tried a Mucky Nutz fat fender on the front at the weekend . It needed to be a few inches longer on the front.
    Have rummaged through my shed and found an old 26 rear crud guard. Heated it up then cable tied it to my front wheel while it cooled. Drilled a couple of holes in it then cable tied it to my forks.
    Bumped it up and down the kerb and it doesn’t hit or rattle. The front half has plenty of coverage , the rear is a bit narrow but the down tube guard should take care of that.

dovebiker

Been clocking-up the miles of late including >12 hours, so last thing I want is being caked in mud. Facefender XL up front, PDW Mudshovel on downtube; Another Mucky Nutz downtube fender on the seatube (stops the cr@p piling-up on the BB) and finally Mudhugger on the rear – Mudhugger is the least effective due to lack of length and width to cope with +4″ tyre

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’m just hanging on for the fatbike specific mudhugger which is development ❗

zippykona

Yeah Mud Hugger ,get your bloody fingers out.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Fatbike mudguards’ is closed to new replies.