Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fatbike for £1k – Options
  • tootallpaul

It’s time to scratch the fatbike itch, and the CTW scheme look like they can provide.

What’s the best I can get for £1k?

I’ve been looking at the Genesis Caribou and Charge Cooker Maxi.

Cheers,

Paul

flashes
    Free Member

Have a look at Charlie the bikemongers’ site, they currently have discounts on Surly beasts (they’re lush)………

slimjim78
    Free Member

yeah, those Charlie deals look spiffing. Not sure if theyre on the CTW scheme though?
    Possibly, just havent looked.

wwaswas

tbh, if there’s anyway to put the money on a card and pay it off over a year you’ll save more on the Charlie Surly deals than a standard bike on btw.

batman11
    Free Member

Why not looking at the on one fattys?? Great bike one of the few bikes I regret selling

tootallpaul

I’ve emailed Charlie about those…

NormalMan

With respect to Charlie those deals are from Ison distribution so any dealer in their network should be able to supply at those prices.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thinking of selling my fatty, if your username is apt and you’re after a large.

Need to sell to fund a Bluto on it’s replacement.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

A Calibre Dune or Voodoo Wazoo, leaving half your budget to upgrade to better spec than any of the competition and to your liking.

Voodoo has a straight steerer which I believe rules out a Bluto in the future (not an issue for me). Northwind’s got an upgraded Dune, I’ve just spent £100 converting my £400 Wazoo to Zee/SLX 1×10, might fit an On One carbon fork (£150) so I’d still have 350 quid of your budget for, say a Reverb and some nice finishing kit.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

…if you were considering second hand there is a stunning and immaculate Singular Puffin in classifieds (nothing to do with me other than lusting after it).

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I saw two puffins (might be the same ones) on flea bay yesterday, even I was tempted…

tootallpaul

So, as I am looking at the CTW scheme, I need to look at new.

Charlie is out of big pug’s so that’s out.

Not a fan of the on-one. No rational reason, have owned a number of inbreds in the past.

I like the look of the charge cooker maxi 2- but can’t find any reviews.

NormalMan

As I said, if you are after a Surly any dealer should be able to get one if they have an Ison account (at those reduced prices).

roverpig

Ison have a decent web site that shows what’s available (and can be ordered through any dealer I think). They seem to be out of 18″ Pugs, but there are still 14″, 16″ and 20″ bikes around.

http://www.ison-distribution.com/english/product.php?part=5SUPU14G

tootallpaul

Out of stock at Ison in XL.

Bregante

If you can find the XL Caribou from last year there seems to be plenty of retailers selling them for about 900, giving you enough for some Jumbo Jim’s (which are next on my list too)

I paid 600 s/h for mine although it has hardly been used. Second ride out on it today and thoroughly enjoying it on my local woodsy singletrack.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fatbike for £1k – Options’ is closed to new replies.