Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • FATBIKE Beachride Saturday Oct 6th Formby
  • Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

We came through there heading south about 30 mins after you Busta 👍

Premier Icon sarawak
    Free Member

Me neither. Spent the whole morning down there. Saw and heard nothing.

Premier Icon Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I saw two Fat Bikes on Plex Moss Lane,East of the Formby by-pass & one other Fatty in Formby.Had a good chat with some bloke on a Ebike,he thought some of the walkers were miserable.The ones I meet are great…

Premier Icon sarawak
    Free Member

You use Plex Moss Lane? It’s on my regular route. I’ll be down there tomorrow. Give me a wave if you see a bright yellow Ribble!

Premier Icon project
    Free Member

Plex moss lane you say, damaged by fat bikes a few years ago, numerous emails from me got it resurfaced, only for it to fail again in places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPCkwa0ARo

Premier Icon whitestone
    Free Member

Quite how fat bikes damage tarmac I’d like to know. Unless of course you are attempting being humourous .

Premier Icon sarawak
    Free Member

TBH I think its heavy HGVs hauling farm produce that wrecks it. Poor foundations as well. I met a HGV fully laden with straw bales and towing a similar trailer on the bends and couldn’t see it for the high growing maize. Don’t know who was more scared…me or the driver.

But we might as well blame fat bikes.

Premier Icon Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Plex Moss Lane.Here’s my Allez down there the other year,it’s part of my my local loop….

Premier Icon sarawak
    Free Member

I remember it like that.

Won’t be long before it’s that way again. The roadway is only rubble piled on top of the peat moss so it will always sink.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Premier Icon sarawak
    Free Member

…have you ever ridden Station Road, Gorsey Lane, Heathy Lane?

Execrable.

Premier Icon Bustaspoke
    Free Member

A few years back I got to that part of Plex Moss Lane where it has the sharp bends & a artic was stuck.The tractor & trailer was to long to get around the corner but he’d had a go.The trailer wheels were stuck in the field a few feet below the road…

One time down there  I was talking to a farmer,I said something about it surprised me that the roads were built above the moss,he replied that they weren’t built above the moss,The reason they’re now above the moss is down to erosion,over time the top soil has blown away.

Sarawak,yes I’ve ridden those roads,there’s a few sub optimal road surfaces in West Lancs.

Quite often I’m on this one,the Moss Road that goes towards Haskayne

The other month a car was barreling along it,next moment I heard a crunch & I notice he pulls into one of those passing places,probably checking his sump is still there!

Premier Icon sarawak
    Free Member

Hi Bustaspoke,

I’ve just been out over all those roads. That’s my “patch”. We should compare notes about the traffic. I once saw a potato lifter on a flat bed trailer that had tipled over and taken the trailer and cab unit into the ditch on those 90 degree bends. Took them over a day to get it out!

Damned cold out there at 8.30 this morning.

I’ll keep an eye on Strava flybys to see if I can pick you out!!!!

Premier Icon Bustaspoke
    Free Member

sarawak, I’ve not been doing much recently (injured) but you’ll find me on Strava,just search for MR Mark & send a follow request.

Premier Icon sarawak
    Free Member

Done.

In no great mile eater either. Back on the bike for fitness and health after a new knee…But I used to be a biggish hitter – back in the ’90s. Those days are long gone.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘FATBIKE Beachride Saturday Oct 6th Formby’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.