Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Fatality at Whinlatter today.
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I liked it and thought the title added to the humour.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

serious humour bypass situation here

Suely there can only be a bypass if there is something humourous in the first place.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the OP's humour is just a tiny bit too subtle for me.

Anyhows…TOSSER

devs
    Free Member

I LOL'ed 3 times reading it. Some people need to lighten up and take themselves a lot less seriously. I wonder if all if any of the moral high horse riders here have ever forwarded a Stephen Gately or Michael Jackson txt. I sniff double standards here.

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Excellent!!!

hora
    Free Member

I skim-read the post looking for an accident. Not in the best taste. Sorry.

vinnyeh

Avoided looking at this for a while. Assumed it was a toss title due to low number of comments. Post wasn't funny really, and using that as a title is a **** attention seeking thing to do.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Am I the only one smirking at all the people stamping their feet in dissapointment that there wasn't a proper death?

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I've just re-read the original thread, and this thread now makes sense. I wonder how many others have done so?

Presumably the complainers looked to see who had died, and are disappointed that their ghoulish desires have not been fulfilled.

Humour by pass indeed.

(Foxy chick must be a social worker!)

IanMunro
    Free Member

Well, that's a least two of us 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Sticking to the original point of the thread, I have been asked a couple of times about tyre pressure. The last time it happened the nerd asking me was convinced that even 1psi would make all the differece on a decent.! What a c**t. On that logic to I have to compensate my pressures for what I have had for breky or how many number 2's I have had that morning.
    But you have to love these people.
    Thats what makes the sport interesting.

……….or not.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Funny thread! Some people should deffo lighten up a bit though 😀

hilldodger
    Free Member

Am I the only one smirking at all the people stamping their feet in disappointment that there wasn't a proper death?

the self-righteous indignation just reeks off this thread……..

theboatman
    Free Member

Made me smile, and some of the responses even more so.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Made me smile … and I'm an over-analyser (I know I am tho).

IanMunro
    Free Member

The last time it happened the nerd asking me was convinced that even 1psi would make all the differece on a decent.!

You should ask him if he realised that there would be at least a 1 psi pressure change on a decent downhill due to the atmospheric pressure change from the top to the bottom of the trail, and that he really needs to work out what pressure he wants at the most technical section, then get an altimeter, and work back from there using a standard atmosphere model. He'd also need to take into account any temperature of the air inside and outside the tyre.

plant
    Free Member

Lighten up people – very funny thread. OK, so the title was attention seeking but so what – it grabbed my attention and I was pleased to be able to laugh instead of what I expected to read.

This is one of life's funny surprises, so lighten up and get with the programme!

erbii
    Free Member

I don't think I was disappointed there wasn't a death.. Just genuinely concerned about the well being of another. FAIL title

johnners
    Free Member

Not at all funny. I homed in on this thread attracted by a prurient desire to read about death* and was disappointed to find just some satirical waffle about tyres.

You've let me down, you've let the school down, but worst of all, you've let yourself down.

*Or in the words of Hora, arbiter of good taste

I skim-read the post looking for an accident"

boxelder

If talk of tyres and pressures for Whinlatter annoys you, don't read threads with 'tyre content' and 'Whinlatter' in the title.
    This thread title's just thoughtless – why not post the lame attempt at humour in the original thread?
    No ghoulish interest here – just the thought of a serious accident and the repurcussions for friends who work up there, not to mention anyone who did die.
    I guess some peoples empathy leaves less room for 'humour'.
    I'm too polite to post "tosser".
    Pillock

haddock
    Free Member

Agreed!
    Given the original thread had 'warning tyre content' in the title, what did you expect. 🙄

erbii
    Free Member

prurient- having or encouraging an excessive interest in sexual matters ..?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I dont think anyone has issues with someone taking the pee out of tyre obssesives. Carry on having a laugh at that.

I however, ride whinlatter a lot and have fallen off a few times with no real issues. I would hate to think someone has fallen off and killed themselves. It gave me a bit of a jolt when i first read the title but then the rest was admittedly funny.

tails
    Free Member

I thought it was quite good and I like the OP observations, the title did its job of pulling in a crowd and it's always good to wind up a few forumites. I too wondered how many laughed at jackson, goody or gately yet have climed on their high horse for this thread and name calling, oh dear!

sofatester
    Free Member

The OP was funny but the over analysis of it by you lot is funnier!

Should have definitely been sent into MBR.

radoggair
    Free Member

thought it was a good read in fact.

And for those who object and feel absconded about the fatality part of the title, the title did not say ' human fatality', so where you perceived fatality as being a human kind (surely very single minded of you), the title after reading the post meant 'tyre choice fatality' to myself

boxelder

And for those who object and feel absconded…….

? Que ?

If you think tyres are ever alive, you've a looser grip on reality than the much derided 'what psi' brigade.

RealMan
    Free Member

Only just read – thought it was a "someone binned it and died" thread. Brilliant. 😀

TimothyD
    Free Member

Funny, it made me smile, and laugh once quite quietly.

jimmy

TOSSER

(because its what F_C said)

porterclough
    Free Member

Well I thought it was funny – poor choice of title though.

Then again I only own one set of tyres…

paul4stones

I'm absolutely appalled having read all those words, and the title, that the OP never once considered the use of CX tyres on 29ers.

A fatal flaw in his punning.

mAx_hEadSet

Funny indeed but looks like you upset the rubber neckers rather than irritated the rubber critics.

mingsta
    Free Member

We're all free riding GODS in our own minds, living life on the edge, so lets not make light of dying out on them trails, eh. Other than that, good effort…i'd give it 7/10.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Wow, Singletrackworld summed up nicely in a single thread-

1- something about tyres
    2- humour
    3- people getting offended at **** all
    4- a bit of an argument
    5- half the people go off to "lackofhumoursville"
    6- half the people get over it, have a laugh at how stupid it all is and carry on with life.

This thread was funny, some of you need to calm down and enjoy yourselves.

grantway
    Free Member

Bored
    Hope you dont write manuals

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Fatality at Whinlatter today.’ is closed to new replies.