Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)
  • Fat Familes
  • Big-M
    Free Member

It's all about power to weight….

ton

realman, i have no idea what weight is deemed unacceptable.
    what i do know is that a man who does some kind of excerciseevery day of his adult life, and weighs 20 stone can be fit strong and healthy.
    also if you are a 8.5 stone fit 18yr old……….guess what so was i…….well 15 stone.
    and you will not always be so. you do not know what will happen to you later in life.
    injuries can put a total stop to all excercise, then you get depressed…then drugs maybe….booze is a good mind number……hey and some people eat when depressed.

so think about it before you make silly comments. 8)

Big-M
    Free Member

Kuco – you're right but on the other hand my skinny 12stone brother in law couldn't run the length of himself and carries very little fat.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Not going to get into debate, but to see someone suggest that people above a certain weight belong in a zoo is one of the most offensive things I've ever read on this forum.

rs
    Free Member

18 year old who weighs 8.5 stone?

are you a midget?

Jamie
    Free Member

miaowing_kat:
    Not going to get into debate, but to hear someone suggest that people above a certain weight belong in a zoo is one of the most offensive things I've ever read on this forum.

Not to say it wasn't a stupid thing to say, but you should really read more of the forum.

Big-M
    Free Member

Weight is not a measure of fitness…..

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I tend to leave a thread after there is horrible name-calling. I'm of a far too delicate disposition to take it 🙂

Kuco

Big M that sounds more like a poor cardiovascular system but I understand where your coming from. Doing the MM a few years ago behind a woman who I foolishly though i'll have this chunky cow on the climb well it's the last time I ever thought that as she left my arse for dust.

Big-M
    Free Member

Laughing at that Kuco, even as a 'big bloke' myself, I've done exactly the same thing and never seen the rider in front ever again!

nonk
    Free Member

Big dave in our club must be around 22ish i reckon. He avoids the hilly rides but he goes like **** in the ten mile TT's .
    i go ok when my body is working, weigh about ten stone and can shift a bit in a hilly race or enduro but never have i beaten big D in a shortish TT.

RealMan
    Free Member

5"8.

So what, is drug taking, alcoholism, and obsessive eating all socially acceptable activities now?

Maybe 20 stone is the wrong way to look at it, maybe instead the ratio of fat to non fat, like someone suggested. But although my idea of putting people into a zoo is a joke, I still stand by the same principles – fat people being socially accepted is wrong. All this "oh its not really their fault" attitude is stupid. And yes, it is very easy for me to say this, because I too exercise daily, and eat sensibly. I really do not like fat people. They look disgusting, they take up too much space, and they move very slowly mostly.

BigSteve
    Free Member

RealMan – if you realy are 8.5 stone and 5' 8" – do you realise that you are underweight and are as much at risk of health problems as someone who is obese.

And it's pretty obvious you ain't old enough to be a real man.

cinnamon_girl

Stop judging people.

RealMan
    Free Member

I don't think I ever mentioned health problems. I don't care if a fat person is y% more likely to die of getting stuck in a doorway or something. I equally don't care if I'm x% more likely to die when I am hit by a car because I have a smaller mass or whatever. I'm happy with my weight.

And depends on your definition of real man, I suppose 😉

luke
    Free Member

5ft 8 is short and 8.5stone would class you as underweight, so the not really a realman at all unless your counting the 5ft 8 of giant cock that you are. 😆

Luke 19st 11 and decreasing

rs
    Free Member

I can't stand looking at those scrawny little kids these days they should be made to wear extra layers to bulk them up a bit.

RealMan
    Free Member

Wonder what classification rule you're using?

Borderline OK.

Interesting to see that at 20 stone, you have to be 6" just before you can be classed as "only" fat.

luke
    Free Member

I was using the one on the nhs website, which seems a bit better than that one. Because I'm only just very fat on that graph but well in to severely obese on the nhs site.

RealMan
    Free Member

Just did mine on the NHS too, came out as OK as well. about 1/6th of the way between underweight and overweight, so don't understand why you think I'm underweight.

robdob
    Free Member

By that graph I should be 9 stone to be ok!!!!

You must be kidding, I've never weighed that in my life, even when I looked like a skeleton at uni!!! What a load of cack.

Weight is only part of the equation, fat and fitness mean just as much. Saw a article once in a paper where they did a full body scan of two people, one was normal size but was rotten inside, his internal organs were not in a good state as he didn't eat well and did little exercise. A person who looked quite a bit overweight was in really good nick as he exercised quite regularly and ate well but quite a lot. His body just didn't burn the weight off as fast.

My brother looks overweight but is so fit I can't really believe it (completed Transwales a couple of years ago!)

valleydaddy
    Free Member

have a look on SKY1 now – freekinn scary mannnn!!!! 😐

Goz
    Free Member

**** me im over weight….

teamfinners
    Free Member

realman

realboy more like.

You do sound like a child spouting shite!

macmclaren
    Free Member

There is some shite being spouted on here by a few mega-hard keyboard warriors. 😯

smell_it
    Free Member

Stop judging people.

what!!!! The site would have to close 😉

Mikeypies
    Free Member

that chart and bmi are both averages and as such are meaningless if you are out side the average in body type, for example you can be 5'7" and have a 42" chest a long trunk and diddy but chunky legs and weigh 75 kilos plus or be a stick man with a short trunk and weigh 55kg both can have the same fat percentage and be equaly fit.

The old adage of if u jump up and down infront of a mirror naked ,other than the obvious what moves is fatwill always be right.

samuri
    Free Member

That graph is bollocks. I'm overweight by it's standards (5'11" – 13 stone). It only applies to normal people, not athletes like us lot. It says I'm overweight and yet you can see my abs (if you're lucky enough) and I can ride 200 miles in a day.

BMI is a pretty poor guide for people who exercise.

aP
    Free Member

In 95 I used to weigh about 7 stone at 5'8", now more like 10 stone, but I used to work with a guy who was a couple of inches shorter than me but weighed 18 stone – apparently clinically obese, but with a body fat less than 10%. Explain that realman.

maxray
    Free Member

Boring!

Realman.. live and let live ffs how many "fat" people have really made such a negative impact on your life. Have you been crushed to dust by one walking up a pavement or something? Well done for living such a ritous life, in reality though your build can really effect your bmi, if you are full of muscles then you are onto a loser for a start, I do believe rugby players like Jonny Wilkinson would be over weight via that sort of bmi calc.

Jamie
    Free Member

In 95 I used to weigh about 7 stone at 5'8",

Could you go out on a windy day?

nonk
    Free Member

i had a mrs like that once.
    nearly lost her up high street.

tracknicko
    Free Member

ha ha ha 'realman' is smaller than my mrs. and she's tiny. and a lady…

woody2000

I like RealMan, but I also like Ton. But who is best? There's only one way to find out – Google Fight!
    No freaking contest 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

This thread is a brilliant example of why the internet should be switched off.

Except for athletes like us lot, which should be carved into a mountain somewhere.

alex222
    Free Member

Realman I honestly think you have an eating disorder. I am 5'11-6' ish and weigh 12st. You can se my ribs. Are you sure you're not starving your self. I think you may actually have real issues with food mate. Being that skinny is every bit as bad for you as being morbidly obese. Have some cream cakes and bacon butties,or does the thought of that make you ill? Maybe I'm wrong and you actually take amphetamines and smoke crack daily to supress your apetite. Either way you need help!!!

ton

woody2000 – Member
    I like RealMan, but I also like Ton. But who is best? There's only one way to find out – Google Fight!
    No freaking contest

😆

finbar
    Free Member

Realman I honestly think you have an eating disorder. I am 5'11-6' ish and weigh 12st. You can se my ribs. Are you sure you're not starving your self. I think you may actually have real issues with food mate. Being that skinny is every bit as bad for you as being morbidly obese. Have some cream cakes and bacon butties,or does the thought of that make you ill? Maybe I'm wrong and you actually take amphetamines and smoke crack daily to supress your apetite. Either way you need help!!!

Which part of him being within the healthy parameters of the BMI index did you not understand?

alex222
    Free Member

It depends which bmi chart you look at, also common sense tells me that 8.5 stone is an unhealthy weight for anyone unless they are 12. Also which part of the BMI chart being a guide and no real significance did you not understand? Are you anotherone of these people with eating disorders who are "in control".

Tell you what lets have a press up comp or are your arms made of rice noodles?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I'd like realman (ha!) to come down to a Prem rugby match when the lads are warming up before the game – we'll call over both sets of tight 5's & see what they think about his comments.

& no, i don't weigh even half of 20 stone but i know a bollox comment when i see one.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Fat Familes’ is closed to new replies.