Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • fat bikes, the difinitive answer:
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

They are ace.
    Mud, sand,( snow untested by me!) whatever really.
    The grip blows your mind.
    The fun offered is far better than any other bike I’ve owned.
    If your a racing snake you won’t get it, normal folk will 🙂

End of… 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the only definitive answer is there is no definitive answer….

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Nail, head, hit it, spot on

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tazzymtb

No, I disagree, there are at least 2 podium topping racings snakes I know that love their fat bikes and even race them now n then

tazzymtb

You also forgot to add, on-ones are common as hell, the colour makes middle aged men try and get all creative with nasty orange components and the majority of fat bike owners are also biffers and it justifies their ride slow talk loudly about how gnar they are 😉

bobbyspangles

still dont get it.

emac65
    Free Member

I already have enough bikes that are great in mud,don’t need one for sand(who the hell wants to ride on a flat beach anyway).They grip well enough & are great fun to ride,including uphill …….
    But thanks anyway…….. 8)

jam-bo

i rode one last night expecting to hate it.

I haven’t laughed so much on a bike in a long time.

wouldn’t buy one though.

legspin
    Free Member

If your a racing snake you won’t get it, normal slow folk will

jaymoid

100 days of snow we’re meant to be having this winter.

I’m not looking forward to when all the fat bike brigade get out and about in the snow to justify their 1k fat bike purchases. Showing off with all the snow riding they’re doing, posting pictures, exchanging stories, “fat + snow makes the trail come alive”, etc etc.

It’ll be a bit like when the 4×4 t**ts make it into work on snow days, while I have to stay at home, such a shame.

aaah I’m only jealous! 😀

ahwiles
    Free Member

jaymoid – Member

100 days of snow we’re meant to be having this winter.

where do you live? Saskatchewan?!?

rOcKeTdOg

tried it, they don’t work as well as normal mtbs on my local trails

ahwiles
    Free Member

using far more advanced, and accurate methods than the Express have access to*, i can guarantee that this winter will be much more mild than average, with sustained sunny spells.

(i’ve just bought some winter tyres for the car)

roverpig

Are these the same forcasters who promised us a “barbecue summer” in 2012, which turned out to be one of the wettest on record?

The forecasts seem to be based on a repeat of the blocking high that developed over Scandinavia at the start of this year. While that might be a fair assumption I’m not sure why that would make the winter any worse than the one we had last time (which was relatively long and cold but with not that much snow if my memory is correct).

ahwiles
    Free Member

…The forecasts seem to be based on a repeat of the blocking high that developed over Scandinavia at the start of this year…

you’re thinking about this WAY too much, weather forecasts in the Express are based on fear.

What kind of weather would old people be scared of today? if it’s June they’ll be scared of high heat, so the Express will forecast a deadly 3 month long heatwave. If it’s November, they’ll be scared of falling on ice, so they’ll forecast a 3 month long killer freeze, with ‘Arctic Blasts Roaring in from Siberia’.

when they’re wrong, they just blame the Met office, who had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

i’m actually surprised they haven’t tried to blame the Met office for the death of Diana…

anyway, Fatbikes, bouncy bonkers pointles rubbish, can i have a Genesis Caribou please?

40mpg

The weather this winter will be far worse, due to the increased output of greenhouse gases from the production of 1,000,000 On-One fattys. This combined with the additional methane produced by 1,000,000 fat cyclists getting through the snow to the pub for a pint and pork scratchings when normally they would stay at home and polish their dropper posts.

Thats my forecast, and its better than yours

boltonjon

Have one ordered for February, but borrowing one from the LBS tonight for a giggle

A great addition to anyones bike collection!!

mattbibbings
    Free Member

It honestly cracks me up how anti-bike some cyclists can be just because someone likes a different bike.

Where’s the love man, where’s the love?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mattbibbings – Member
    It honestly cracks me up how anti-bike some cyclists can be just because someone likes a different bike.

Where’s the love man, where’s the love?
    Lots of love just not for fatties 🙂

mattbibbings
    Free Member

I must be a bit of a bike whore then because if it’s got wheels and you can pedal it then I’m on it like (insert crappy rhyming metaphore here)

akira

Look good, ride better. Owned my Fatty for a few days and already looking at Beargrease framesets.

singlespeedstu

Being anti-fatbike is the new anti-singlespeed, anti-29er, anti-cross bike innit. 🙂

scotroutes

Fatbikes are so, like, 2012.

Now it’s all about gravel racers….

jameso

Sometimes it may be better to ski than pedal. But what would I know. If I lived in Alaska I’d enjoy finding out.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘fat bikes, the difinitive answer:’ is closed to new replies.