Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Fat bikes, not just for Xmas?
  • dahedd
    Free Member

Love my Fatty, got on fine with rigid forks even on the rough local single track. That was until I had a nasty prang on my full suspension & landed badly on right my shoulder.
    After that suspension was a no brainer. Just eases the pressure on my right side, takes the edge of the hits.

luff
    Free Member

Just eases the pressure on my right side, takes the edge of the hits

I think for XC rigid would be ok, any trails and it’s bluto or go home!

tomhoward

Is that putting a fatbike on a diet?

It’s what I did. 80mm rims dropped to WTB KOM i29, 4.6 ground controls to 2.4 ardents. Saved about 7lbs, and gained traction in the slop

flashes
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for 8 (?) years. Love it, roll on GFBD Swanage, the Cheesy Riders (Fat bike sub group) massive wil be there…..

rocketman
    Free Member

…are they game changers which will make me want to get rid of my hardtail and the full susser?

Game changer inasmuch it’ll take 1:30 out of a 5 min PR on your favourite climb. But also conditions-dependant in the same way as Rossi in the rain.

You need to get one but it doesn’t replace a HT or FS

Northwind

I love mine tbh, I don’t ride it as much as my big #enduro bike but I enjoy every ride just the same, and it gives me such a choice- the same trail can feel totally different on the 2 bikes. TBH I barely do “proper” fatbiking, I’ve only been on a beach once and we don’t get that much snow but ragging it around trail centres or bimbling locally never gets old.

Mine is rigid and I think it’ll remain so, but I have to admit lefty fatbikes just look amazing to me, I love em.

thisisnotaspoon – Member

It’s not an On-One thing, any singlewalled rim will be a PITA

BT710s are singlewalled and tubeless pretty easily (tape, no foam)

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Fat bikes, not just for Xmas?’ is closed to new replies.