Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fat bike for £1k?
  • allthegear
    Free Member

Supposing I had a £1k Halfords voucher, is there anyone that would be able to supply me with a fat bike?

Would be perfect for the miles of coastline around me.

Rachel

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Id rather buy a thousand scratch cards.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not from a retailer.

I did mine as cheaply as I could with sh parts and a re welded £100 frame, still £900.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Brant is bringing out the On-One version for around that price IIRC..

motorman
    Free Member

Yes, the On One Fatbike has a target price of 1K, out middle of year.

ton

i had a spin round the carpark on johnclimber’s mukluk at HTN.
    they do seem like good fun fatbikes, don’t they?

AlexSimon

Well, it’s obviously ruled out because of the Bike to Work Halfords thing, but there’s a Pug on ebay at the moment:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Surly-Pugsley-Fatbike-/120852803197?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1c23636e7d

druidh
    Free Member

I’d have a look at some of the recent Cycle to Work/Cyclescheme threads on here and work out whether or not you would actually make much of a saving.

As Al says, the Fat-specific components (wheels, tyres, cranks) are all pretty expensive at the moment. That’s why the Pugsley and Mukluk are actually really good value as a full build.

It’ll be interesting to see what sort of price the On One appears at – and what sacrifices (if any) have had to be made to get to that £1k price point.

Edit: That one on ebay is a steal. I’m guessing that reserve has been set at £750.

wwaswas

what sacrifices (if any) have had to be made to get to that £1k price point

2.2″ tyres max 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fat bike for £1k?’ is closed to new replies.