Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • Fat Bike…
  • tollah
    Free Member

ANoth thread under KoNtrol 😯

mocha
    Free Member

Had a Pug for a year or so now – Shona’s just getting her Mukluk off the ground after waiting for almost a year for her tiny frame. Coloured rim strip in the Darryls looks great!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

There was a guy at Ironbike riding a Sandman fatbike, what he got up was impressive. I know they are very good going downhill and he certainly used that to his advantage, riding down very rocky trails with ease.

Also I think Elias from Belgium rode a Sandman at the Black Mtn 3 day and did rather well apparently.

moose2008
    Free Member

I’ve had my pug for about a year now. I run it with a Rohloff hub, trial tech rims and a couple of weight saving bits and bobs. I love it and ride it everywhere. I did the On One hundred kilometer event on it and still finished in the top 20% so it can’t be that slow, it finished in front of an awful lot of carbon uber expensive bikes and would have done a lot better still without me riding it. If the event had been held 3 days earlier when all the rain came down I think everyone would have rather had my pug. It’s only on road or fire road climbs I feel a bit slower than everyone else but it more than compensates in other areas. It’s not a race bike and never will be but it’s competant everywhere and where it’s good it’s very good.
    I live in North Yorkshire if you ever want a test ride.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I found my fatbike dreadful in mud

motorman
    Free Member

I had mine in the mud today, lets say it was ” interesting” 😯
    Really drifty & good fun tho, not complaining 😉

Custom Brooks seat cover from Tesco before you ask…. 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

Rode mine at 10 under the ben in the mud

Has to be a special kinda mud al – real claggy thick stuff and a smooth pedal stroke or you need to go thin and dig down to the hard !

Was riding with a sceptic once . Rode over what i knew was a boggy hole and left a tire print some half in deep – my follower went over the bars up to his hub in mud on the front wheel !

Mines getting gears now though – 1×9

cynic-al
    Free Member

This thread is inspiring me to get mine sorted.

surlynot
    Free Member

….cynic-al, you wont regret it. My only regret was not getting one sooner! Reading the posting’s on MTBR from UK riders also posting on this tread finally convinced me. Great to find out how many people out there have got one. My future is FAT. 😀

Mattbike

My half fat scandal

Great fun.

cynic-al
    Free Member

surlynot I am already on my 2nd fat bike! I went half-fat then had a 9zero7, (did all fo 2 rides on each!) now a secret project that may involve spoons is in the wongs.

stuey
    Free Member

Matt – is that a 29er scandal – and how does it handle the soft stuff?

I’m wanting a fat too -Has anybody bought a Sandman frame recently?

trail_rat
    Free Member

mines going on a diet for this season …. lighter tubes, narrower rims ! , finishing kit and 1×9 gearing

Mattbike

Stuey – it’s a standard 26 inch. The tyre diameter does not alter the geometry as I have a shortish axel to crown set up at (around 425mm) low rise bars and stem.

I’ve riden it on muddy trails the sort that have been churned up by horses and it is relatively stable. Drop the tyre presure and grip is good.

stuey
    Free Member

Thanks Matt.

Trail_rat how did you purchase the sandman are they cheaper than USA fats?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i bought it off a forum dweller who got it from sandman direct … iirc(but could be wrong) at the time it was 700 euro frame and fork …

stuey
    Free Member

I’ve emailed Sandman – when I hear back I’ll repost – thanks

coastkid
    Free Member

Heads up for an idea and a date for a UK fatbike meet in Northumberland on 17th/18th September; MTBR Fatbike Forum, UK Fat fest…

charliedontsurf

This is our demo bike, available to play on.

Its a pugsley… looking forward to the moonlander at 4.5″ tyres ish.

Great for debating the legality of cycling below the high tide mark with seasonal beach hitlers…. Told off for cycling on prom (not allowed) so cycled on beach at low tide, told off again… “you are out of you juristiction mate”

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Tubby trailer to go with?

Moots custom snow bike $10k eek

http://thelazyrando.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/fatbike.jpg?w=509&h=382

coastkid
    Free Member

Budget Fat bob trailer 🙂

12,4,11 016 by coastkid71, on Flickr

Flashy
    Free Member

I’ve had my Pugsley for about 9 months, Brean Sands, snow last winter (I even overtook a car) and am currently blasting round the new trails at Ashton court, Bristol. Interesting in really muddy conditions but otherwise, great…….

ijs445ra
    Free Member

tu che, coast kid – that is awesome 😆

Few months of hill reps towing that and Cav would have no chance !

cynic-al
    Free Member

so cycled on beach at low tide, told off again… “you are out of you juristiction mate”

Owned by the Crown innit?

drofluf
    Free Member

Hmm certainly getting ‘fat bike curious’ 🙂

surlynot
    Free Member

..anymore for anymore?

surlynot
    Free Member

….oooh goodies.

Link

8)

godzilla
    Free Member

Can you buy other off the shelf full built Fat-bike’s?
    As im looking for an alternative way to come out of the closet 😳
    I have a vague memory of one if the mags testing a Jones along side some random bikes an it only costing round a grand (MBUK?), didnt read like it was frame only. i would love a go on one.
    And before you start about reading MBUK as a good way to come out it was mixed in with some copies attitude mag. 🙄

surlynot
    Free Member

Have a word with Charlie the Bikemonger, think he sells Salsa Mukluks off the peg..

Link

godzilla
    Free Member

They seem steep!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

My half fat Jones:

stuey
    Free Member

Sandman:
    We will be opening our webshop end of September and our website will also be available in English. Sorry for the delay and thanks to be patient a little longer.
    Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need more information.

SANDMAN BIKES
    sales@sandmanbikes.com

hugor
    Free Member

Came across this Moonlander the other day.
    I so want a fat bike – they look like so much fun.

Mattbike is that a suspension fork you’ve got on the front?
    There doesn’t look like there’s much clearance between the tire and crown.

Mattbike

It was a suspension fork. I chopped up the lowers off some old rs psylos, used some shims and some seat clamps to hold it all in place on the stanchions. Now rigid. No movement in the 6 months that I’ve been riding it and I’ve taken it around Coed y brenin, cwm carn etc. There’s enough clearance for the tyre but the A2C is adjustable if needed.

stuey
    Free Member

Q:Does anybody have a Larry in stock ?

surlynot
    Free Member

Eeeer….no?

I ordered one in June and two “sorry sir” later i’ve now been told the next available date of despatch is October!

Might have something to do with Surly bringing new stock to market.

If you find anywhere let me know? 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Tim@sideways had a pugsley in his shop today

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I bought one of Charliethebikemonger about three weeks ago..

singlespeedstu

A few of us had a word with one of the guys from Surly at SSWC at the weekend. He’s going to try and explain to ISON that they’re not very impressed with the the difficulty UK riders have getting fat tyres.

stuey
    Free Member

I may have to wait. <twiddles thumbs>

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Fat Bike…’ is closed to new replies.