Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Fastest way to recover after a ride? (feeling knackered content)
  • BadlyWiredDog

The classic post-ride thing – though I’m sure there are studies out there now which suggest completely the opposite – is that you need to bang down a mix of carbohydrate and protein within about 30 minutes of finishing your ride, the protein helps you body absorb the carbs more quickly and replenish your glycogen reserves faster than just with carbohydrate alone.

That’s why chocolate milk – apparently, though I’m sure there are studies out there now which suggest completely the opposite – works well, mix of carbo and protein. The protein is just there to help faster processing of the carbs, apparently.

If you miss that window, it takes – apparently, etc – significantly longer for your body to replenish its glycogen reserves.

It seems to work for me in my world of averageness, though obviously I may be and probably am, completely wrong.

How hard are you working anyway, on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is barely leaving the sofa and 10 is flat-out, unsustainable, extreme death on a nuclear scale?

poly
    Free Member

If you’ve only got 3hrs once a week to ‘train’ in you can get your fitness up, and enjoy your MTB more and suffer less…

…what you need to do is get out on the road (you don’t need a road bike – but slick tyres would make sense). 3 hrs on the road bike, of constant peddling, every week for a month and then you’ll find 3 hrs high intensity on the MTB a pleasure. I’d continue to mix in some road perhaps once a month to help maintain the fitness. Even better if you can sneak in 30-60 minutes occasionally (e.g. if you can ride road from home but can’t MTB from your door).

Ignore the potions. Eat whatever you want/crave and ride at a level you enjoy at the time, otherwise its pointless.

Haze

Biscuits

martinxyz
    Free Member

cup of tea
    shower
    a whole chicken
    bed

I just tried this but I nearly choked on its claws. I didn’t have time tonight but I would usually have half a pint or so of milk with a banana,dollop of honey, a yogurt and a wee bit of brown sugar in a blender. I seem to feel back to normal a lot quicker after downing one of these.

yunki
    Free Member

pickled egg, a **** and a fag

_tom_
    Free Member

Pack of crisps and a pint of mtfu.

cheez0
    Free Member

yunki,

do you mean a shit, a **** or a ****?

🙂

edit – well, that’s a shit ruled out!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Fastest way to recover after a ride? (feeling knackered content)’ is closed to new replies.