Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • fastest rolling MTB race tyres ?
  • bm0p700f
    Free Member

For racing this year I will be running Continental X-King Supersonic. As already said all the supersonic range are good.

The other tyre I am using for racing this year is the Geax Barromud 1.7″ light and fast but little stetchy over wet rock/wet roots e.t.c. Fine in mud as it does not stick to the tyre and on hard parked or damp surface. Not very good on very loose surfaces. They feel fast around Thetford forest which is where I ride.

RJ Chickens are not getting any more of these but they have 29 left in stock. I think they weight 430g as well.

Here’s a review. http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/tyres/product/barro-mud-17in-9219

I quite like them.

whytetrash

Dunno why you are asking on here…you must have tried more tyres than all the testers in MBUK yourself 😆 OP is THE worlds biggest tyre tart, he had 3 different combinations in the last 3 rides I’ve done with him, and 20 tyres in his garage 😯

The Ardent/advantage combo you sold me were great for the Dyfi winter warmer by the way!…went round faster than you did! I’ll probably use the Ardent/Aspen combo for the Dyfi tho….or 2x aspens if its bone dry

ps shifting that wok you are smuggling would make more difference to your time 😉

onandon
    Free Member

[/quote]I’ve got a pair of XR0s I’ve never quite been brave enough to try! They’re heavier than Rocket Rons with a tread pattern to rival a Furious Fred

The XROs aren’t good 🙂 less grip than a Maxxis 330 but do have a slightly tougher carcas.
    The XR1s are seriously worth a try – Evans have them for £20 at the moment.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

and 20 tyres in his garage

What’s wrong with that!

Quick mental tot up:
    2 pairs of Racing Ralphs
    2 pairs of Rocket Rons
    pair of Furious Freds
    pair of Dirty Dans
    pair of Nobby Nic
    pair of 1.5″ Black Shark Muds
    pair of Mud Xs
    pair of S-Works Sauserwinds
    pair of XR0s

I make that 22 tyres, with the exception of the Black Sharks all between 2″ and 2.1″ as well!

The XR1s are seriously worth a try – Evans have them for £20 at the moment.

Because of the above, I’ll pass 🙂

whytetrash

njee…. looking at that lot I guess you race?

OP tends not to 😉

hughjengin
    Free Member

I also know the OP, and can confirm that all that whytetrash says is sadly true 🙂 He has a rubber fetish and a half !

eyerideit
    Free Member

*just bookmarks thread*

njee20
    Free Member

njee…. looking at that lot I guess you race?

OP tends not to

Fair enough! Yes I do, must admit that I tend to just ride whatever’s on the bike if it’s not a race. Can be fun if conditions have changed markedly!

Taff
    Free Member

Used a speedking once… never again on the Dyfi! very fast but also made of paper!

hughjengin
    Free Member

shifting that wok you are smuggling

Wok smuggler 🙂 Harsh

Isnt the Dyfi really about getting as p***d up as possible on the Saturday night, passing out in a tent, being physically threatened if you dont shut your face at 2am.. and just about surviving on the Sunday, rather than actually racing against other people who arent actually racing you ?

whytetrash

Yep we do all that, OP is teetotal however and we still wave at him from the van on the way home as he rolls in on the last road section 😉

New tyres bound to sort that!

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

sputnik – Member
    Cows in cars, the Monorail/Aspen combo, is it Monorail front and Aspen rear?

Yes!

Whyte1
    Free Member

Wok smuggler 🙂 Harsh – i’ll say – who needs mates 😥

Monorail combo looks good think i’ll try that while i’m not racing others just trying a PB 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘fastest rolling MTB race tyres ?’ is closed to new replies.