Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Fast rolling 29er tyre
  • J273
    Free Member

Looking for a new front tyre to go with my Ron on the rear.

Love the fast rolling of the Ron but wouldn’t mind something a bit more grippy with side knobs for the front?

Am I best to just pair it with another Ron (trailstar) on the front or what fast rolling grippy 29er tyre would you recommend for a XC race bike??

Many thanks

boxelder

I prefer R Ron on the front, with Ralph or spesh ground control or similar on the back.
    N Nic on the more traily bike.

jordie
    Free Member

I like Race Kings I think they are a little better in the grip department but still not great but roll fast.

spidersexual
    Free Member

Continental Mountain King mark 2 version are pretty quick rolling I found on my 29er

tommo999
    Free Member

Geax Saguaro.

benji
    Free Member

The thunder burts should be delivered anyday now 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Racing Ralph, surely? 🙂

Wally

2nd geax saguaro. 85 miles today London to Brighton off road.( with plenty of road,gravel,mud and loam)

J273
    Free Member

I’ve just had a look at the Geax saguro they seem pretty cheap so worth a try.

Are you guys running them tubeless?

Wally

Yes – get the TNT version, very tough long lasting “floaty” tyre.

mikemorini
    Free Member

Another vote for the Saguaro. Running the TNT version tubeless on a pair of crest rims.

tommo999
    Free Member

Beware – the TNT version with a Stans strip is tighter than a nuns clunge to get on the rim. Well worth it though as it inflates very easily.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Maxxis Ikon 2.2 better than its looks suggest.

J273
    Free Member

Is the suguaro better suited as a front or rear tyre.

tommo999
    Free Member

I run them on both front and rear. The decal on the side suggests ‘speed’ or ‘grip’. I have Speed them mounted speed on the rear and grip on the front.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Only ran my Saguaro on the back but it’s been very good this summer. Got the TNT versions which went straight up with a track pump. As conditions get a little moister they’ll get a true test…..

gee
    Free Member

Ralphs? Surprised you’ve found Rons that fast as they are more of a soft conditions tyre – perhaps it’s because they are so light?

stanleigh
    Free Member

Just started with a Saguaro TNT on the rear . Feels as quick / grippy as an X King or Ralph.

Bugger to get on ( get bigger steel tyre levers ) , but inflates easily & no burping issues , compared to the above mentioned tyres,

Sam

Maxxis Ikon or Ardent race for a bit more grip.

J273
    Free Member

Ive just gone for a saguaro. After reading the comments they do seem to be a bugger to get on especially the TNT version, good job ive metal levers.

Only bought one at the minute but may get another depending how i get on – not sure on setup yet as to whether ill put the ron on the rear and saguaro front. With the ron being pacestar i might put that on the rear now.

scandalous
    Free Member

my ride partner and I loved the WTB Vulpines – daft quick but sketchy as on anything a bit damp!

I got my hands on some of the cheap Crossmarks and they are very quick too!

sleigh62
    Free Member

crossmarks +1

on-one selling them at £19 each

set up tubeless with no problems … brilliant on the BHF London to Brighton yesterday … good grip when needed too!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Fast rolling 29er tyre’ is closed to new replies.