Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Fast Diet..didn't believe it but it's working for me.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Has anyone tried the 16/8 method, i.e. fasting for 16 hours, and an 8 hour window for eating e.g. 1200-2000 each day.

xcgb
    Free Member

There was a chap on here a while back that had a diet that seemed popular…….. Dave or something 😀

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Is that serious?

jimoiseau
    Free Member

I’ve done 16/8 for a couple of years now, being strict with myself to various extents depending on my weight, amount of exercise etc. I’m currently 87kg from a high of 103, and 87’s about the highest I let myself get i.e. I’ll go back to being stricter about meal times and calories now until I’m around 83kg.

When I’m not really trying it’s basically just skipping breakfast, doing more like 14/10 if it works out that way, not worrying about timing if I’m on the beer. When I’m being strict it’s alternating rest days at about 1600 kcal with “workout” (riding or going to the gym) days at around 2400-2600 kcal and no beer. Jack Daniel’s and diet coke if I’m out for a drink. I find it’s a sustainable lifestyle, probably even sustainable at the stricter end of the scale if you’ve got more will power than I have.

sadexpunk

Has anyone tried the 16/8 method, i.e. fasting for 16 hours, and an 8 hour window for eating e.g. 1200-2000 each day.

ive been doing that for over a year now. i used it to help me drop from 196 lbs to 161. then i started going up again slowly, but still use it.

its not witchcraft or anything, its just a method of eating however many calories you want in a day. id have had the same results eating plenty of small meals over 24 hrs, but it really suits me this way. its pretty much ‘just missing breakfast’. i far prefer to have a spell of being hungry(ish) and just thinking so what, itll be dinner soon, and then eating 2 bigger meals, rather than more meals but smaller and not feeling satisfied when youve finished.

EDIT: to slow ^^^ but yes, i forgot to mention it doesnt matter too much about it being 16/8, im not strict with myself really, and if i fancy a night out or a few drinks at home ill do that.
    i read something when i was researching it all that struck a chord with me, and relates to both this method of eating, and also my weight training. “i do this to enhance rather than take over my life.”

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Fast Diet..didn't believe it but it's working for me.’ is closed to new replies.