• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by drlex.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fashion jerseys with back pockets?
  • Superficial
    Free Member

I’m just after some kit recommendations now that it’s warm enough to ride without a coat (Uh oh…). I want a jersey, probably long or 3/4 sleeves that is colourful and trendy but also has roadie-style rear pockets – enough to carry a tube and some sarnies since I don’t want to carry a bag. They seem a bit elusive. You can either buy tight-fitting roadie tops, or Troy Lee-style trendy enduro pyjamas without pockets.

njee20
    Free Member

What sort of budget?

Something like Vulpine?

rOcKeTdOg

Get a road top 3 sizes too big.sorted

simondbarnes

Get a summer baselayer with pockets. Giro make one.

drlex
    Free Member

I like my Ground Effect Merino shirt – it’s been ideal for the 6 degree mornings and 20 degree afternoons.

ernie67

+1 with Rocketdog – road top in xxxl & you’re sorted

onlysteel
    Free Member

+1 for Ground Effect Berglar. Can’t recommend highly enough.

Superficial
    Free Member

I don’t really want a roadie top though. The cut will look weird if I buy the wrong size and whilst I’m happy to wear them on the road bike I want something more MTBish.

Basically I just want a Troy Lee ruckus or similar with pockets. That doesn’t seem like much to ask.

I think I’m going to give the spesh SWAT bibs a go.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Open pockets & a baggy shirt off-road? How long do you expect the stuff to stay in them. There is a reason why no one makes one, it wouldn’t work.

You can buy one of the older TLD XC jerseys, that kind of does what you want, but they do just look like a slightly baggy Lycra jersey.

Or do what the enduroist’s do, buy a summer sleeveless road jersey & wear it under your favourite Troy Lee one. You can keep all the stuff in the pockets & because it’s tight, the pockets won’t bounce around everywhere when full of stuff.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

IXS jerseys have pockets.

Superficial
    Free Member

I have an old school Team GT long sleeved jersey from the 90’s – it’s got (open) pockets in the back and stuff stays in them. It’s kinda tightish but not skin-tight and it definitely doesn’t make me look like a lost roadie. In fact it does everything I need, I just want another one that’s similar.

Or do what the enduroist’s do, buy a summer sleeveless road jersey & wear it under your favourite Troy Lee one. You can keep all the stuff in the pockets & because it’s tight, the pockets won’t bounce around everywhere when full of stuff.

That’s not a bad idea actually. I’m toying with the idea of buying THESE instead though. It does look as though it’ll solve my tool storage issues and let me wear whatever jersey I like.

dingleberry
    Free Member

Endura do a Hummvee jersey that has rear pockets and a looseish fit. One of the pockets has a zip too.

markgraylish
    Free Member

I got a small runners ‘action belt’ which can easily be worn under any top and it’s (just) big enough for a tube, mini pump and some small tools. Very enduro it is too….

drlex
    Free Member

action belt

Is that a re-branding of a fanny pack? Agree with the ‘hiding under top’ plan and hope such is loose enough to avoid colostomy bag jibes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fashion jerseys with back pockets?’ is closed to new replies.