• This topic has 32 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Farnborough – Airshow – What's flying now
  • sadmadalan

I know that a number of us live around Farnborough and the airshow is coming. Already we have a number of aircraft flying around – I thought I saw a Gloster Meteor yesterday. What else have you seen? There was combat aircraft out earlier, but I couldn’t get a good view of it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ooh.. all the more reason to invite myself down to the Farnborough office next week 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I’m over in Fleet (at work) and have heard a couple of military engined aircraft but nothing with a turning circle lazy enough to make over this way yet.
    I would have loved to have seen the Meteor.

allthepies
    Free Member

Raining currently and low cloud cover so I doubt anything will be practicing today.

allthepies
    Free Member

Update: Something is flying now, turboprop of some kind.

molgrips
    Free Member

Tempted to pop out for a lunchtime spin tomorrow and go sit up on the hill on the other side of the canal, if it’s nice.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I’m going on Tuesday as trade visitor I haven’t been for many years, but looking forward to it.

allthepies
    Free Member

There isn’t much action so far this week as it’s practice week.

theotherjonv

Something noisy is disturbing the peace over Farnham currently

allthepies
    Free Member

F16 overhead now

CountZero

Allthepies, was it this one?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzbi_2FDnWo&sns=em[/video]

TheDTs
    Free Member

A350 will be there at some point.

nedrapier

http://www.farnborough.com/Content/Daily-Flying-Programme

I’m going on Tuesday, looks like one of the slightly less exciting days. I’ll take it anyway, though.

Muke
    Free Member

Hope the F35 flies as they were all grounded last week. Eurofighter @ full chat gives me goosebumps 😀

parkesie
    Free Member

The f16 was a noisy bugger.

Muke
    Free Member

This is a very useful place for daily aircraft movements…

Farnborough Aviation Group

molgrips
    Free Member

Fuuuu… What a noise…

Muke
    Free Member

One of the Red Arrows had a bird strike while validating their Farnborough display today, all down safely though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought I heard a multiple piston engined plane earlier.. did I?

Squidlord
    Free Member

One of the Red Arrows had a bird strike while validating their Farnborough display today, all down safely though.

Same happened at the Waddington airshow a few days ago.

thom
    Free Member

I saw a V22 Osprey this evening. Don’t know if it was going to Farnborough but I’ve never seen one in the UK before.

allthepies
    Free Member

Just watched a nice display from the Vulcan 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Vulcan is up again.

Muke
    Free Member

Monday Flying display

1315 – Tekever AR4 & AR2
    1330 – Aribus E-Fan
    1340 – Airbus A380-800
    1350 – Airbus A350-900
    1400 – Airbus A400M
    1417 – Rotron Parajet
    1427 – Trescal Starduster
    1436 – Blackshape BS100, Alenia Aermacchi M345, M346
    1453 – Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet
    1503 – TAI T129 ATAK Helicopter
    1519 – Eurofighter Typhoon
    1531 – Boeing 787-9

F35s are still grounded 🙁 “While we’re disappointed the F35 will not fly at FIA 2014 today, the safety of the pilots & maintainers remains our top priority”

Can any locals tell me is the Long Valley area still ok for riding (with the obvious proviso of don’t get in the way of the Army) or has that gone the same way as Tunnel Hill with its access bans ?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Long valley / Caesar’s Camp will have the same restrictions as Tunnel Hill. I do think its largely being ignored though, as it always has been.
    The high speed test track may be in use during the week though so common sense required.
    It must be 30 years ago since I was chased off the test track by squaddies on horse back for riding BMX around there. We got buzzed by a Puma helicopter too!

sadmadalan

Out on Saturday morning, and apart from the main car park being closed, there were no issues about riding.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can you still ride on the road on the other side of the canal? Might take a spin up there tomorrow lunchtime, road bike only though.

anagallis_arvensis

A plane built by kids at my old school.

Muke
    Free Member

Not a great photo but did notice that the Eurofighter has adopted 29er canards 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/omN8AX]DSC03809[/url] by al4d, on Flickr

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

been hearing farnborough bleating on about this for months but tbf its actually a pretty impressive setup and the amount of folk streaming in on the trains this morning was staggering… what i wanna know is – wheres the after party at!? all these yank conventionists and arms dealers wont be sloping off back to their hotels at tea time will they!?

molgrips
    Free Member

Car alarms going off all over the town.

ampthill

Another Red Arrows bird strike at Farnborough today

All ended safely but they stopped the display did an in air inspection and then landed red 8 early

My first air show since child hood and jolly good fun

The sound of the Vulcan on take off was probably the high light

Muke
    Free Member

Red arrows very impressive as always

DSC04280

Could not believe how busy it was on the hill in Long Valley, need to save up for a longer lens.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Farnborough – Airshow – What's flying now’ is closed to new replies.