Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 307 total)
  • Fare-Dodger 'may' take legal action……
  • binners

14p per passenger journey

I hope this cost is being borne in its entirety by Scotrail customers! Or the Scots as a nation at the very least!

or OR, as per bloody usual, will the bloody free-loaders be looking south of the border to cover the shortfall? I thought so! Bloody typical! 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yeah right zulu. 🙄 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

That’ll be theft or robbery according to one of the STW barristers nurses

Fixed it for you.

davidrussell
    Free Member

it will be more than 14p binners, because NFPWS* has upped the average for Scotland.

*Non Fare Paying Wee Scrote

ransos
    Free Member

so regular commuters are forking out £1.40 per week for non paying passengers? If i commuted regularly i wouldn’t be happy absorbing that cost.

Only if you believe the train companies’ claims. For a start, how would they know? Secondly, if the loss really is as reported, then that implies the train companies are not recovering it from other passengers, but instead are absorbing the lost revenue.

Norton
    Free Member

Bearing in mind the financial trouble his industry have got the country, in Mr Pollock has some brass neck throwing a kid off a train for not paying his fare – I wonder how much tax his clients avoid paying?

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-12-14/europe/30514982_1_fare-blackrock-train

prezet
    Free Member

If I recall from the video, doesn’t big man ask the conductor if he want’s the scrote removed? As the conductor is obviously quite old, would he be allowed to pass on his right to eject a passenger to a member of the public?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Theft – “intent to permanently deprive” IIRC so it wouldn’t be theft 🙂 which is why we have the offence of TWOC for cars cos it ain’t theft if you give it back again 🙂

binners

The solution to this is simple. If conductors need to remove none-paying passengers, scrotes or not, without manhandling them, or requiring fat blokes to do so on their behalf, then I believe James Bond has already suggested a solution

All trains should be adopted so that at the flick of a switch, any wee scamp can be rocketed into the night sky

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My god the boy has got it 🙂

Binners for PM

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

All trains should be adopted so that at the flick of a switch, any wee scamp can be rocketed into the night sky

does this apply if the shenanigans occur in a tunnel?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

OMG – the humiliation just keeps piling up for boy. not only ejected from a train for behaving like a right fkwit, it goes on youtube for the world to enjoy. not only that, but thrown off by a banker, a FCKIN BANKER. PMSL – seriously, that boy has a long future of being pointed to and laughed at. Most people would try and keep it quiet, but not this muppet.

bigyinn
    Free Member

The loss to the train companies can only be at best estimated, as how would you accurately record it?
    Also it the Railway companies duty to its shareholders and also the government to maximise its profits, as many (if not all) TOCs no longer receive subsidies and have to pay a dividend to the treasury.
    Why should the railway companies have to absorb fare dodgers abstraction of its revenue?
    Its no different from stealing a set of brake pads from your LBS. Too many shoplifters = closed shop.

poly
    Free Member

Bigyinn – Scotrail get a massive subsidy (over 50%) so its stealing from people who didn’t even get on the train!

slackin101 – Member
    I travel on that line all the time and have never heard of two singles costing less than a return. That is a lie for a start. Also, if he was travelling from Edinburgh to Falkirk then why was his single ticket from Polmont to Edinburgh Park.

I smell sh1te!! Slackin, I believe the references to Falkirk may have been inserted by the Media since nobody actually knows where polmont is. Two singles would not cost less than a day return – but a Full Price Single (bought before 9.30am) and a “Student Rail Card Single” bought for travel after 9.30am MIGHT cost less than a full price return. But at no point in the video does he attempt to explain this. He may have tried before the video started. If he doesn’t understand that without a ticket that says Edinburgh Park TO Polmont he doesn’t have a valid ticket then I wonder if HWU have relaxed their entry requirements since I went there.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Nah – student rail cards have a minimum fare of £12 until 10am. He’d be looking at a tenner return of £8 for a single. He’d have bought a ticket from the dude at the station in the morning as it’d be the only way he’d get onto the train. He would then have got a late train home at a time when there are very few ticket checks and nobody at the gate at the staton.

rockhopper70

Either of them instructed Max Clifford yet? I see more telly appearances from the pair.

donsimon
    Free Member

I see more telly appearances from the pair.

Saturday early evening viewing like Little and Large or Morecombe and Wise or even The Two Ronnies?

grantway
    Free Member

Zero interested I drive to work, get a life and Bore your neighbour

billyboy
    Free Member

Big boy’s actions are perfectly legitimate. Mr Ammoral Little-Toad does not have a valid ticket, Little-Toad is therefore a tesspasser, Little-Toad is asked to leave, Little-Toad does not leave, Little-Toad is therefore physically ejected from the train by a person acting on the authority of the owner of the train. Little-Toad should never be allowed to use that train line again….EVER.

Little-Toad makes a fuss and nobody has the decency to tell him he’s a W and to get stuffed and shut the f up.

End of really…..why are people discussing this?

Should happen at Westminster…Big-Toad member of parliament is thieving off the public purse/lying/malfeasant/insert other as appropriate, Big-Toad should be ejected and not allowed back….EVER.

boblo
    Free Member

This sort of sh1t just depresses me. 100’s of fare paying people have their journeys interrupted by this and people are foaming at the mouth at the ‘rights’ of the twit that caused the problem…

How on earth did everyone elses right to get on with whatever they were doing get subjugated to the rights of one little selfish twit to behave in this way?

The predictable responses from all the beeding heart lefties/DIY lawyers is just too much. I just hope you’re never in a position where you have to agonise over taking action and thereby compromising your liberal ideals.

<sigh>

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So all you people who think it was OK to assault the lad. I hate people who park illegally. is it oK for me to assault tehm to make tehm move their car to a legal space? If not why not as you think its OK for this lad to be assaulted?

donsimon
    Free Member

is it oK for me to assault tehm to make tehm move their car to a legal space?

Yes, providing it’s proportionate to the crime or perceived crime that has been committed, that’s to say that you can demonstrate that dozens, or at least the same number as were on that and other affected trains, of people are being affected rather than just your good self and that the financial losses are equal.
    If it is just to satisfy your own desire, I’d say it would be a touch excessive.

boblo
    Free Member

I don’t. But I also don’t think it’s right for everyone else to pay the price and the lad to be treated as some sort of victim who’s rights take precedence over everyone else he happens to encounter.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

He’s not a lad. He is a 19 yo prick. At his age I would’ve been mortified if my parents seen me act like that. Still would to be honest.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Personally TJ – I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families 🙄

Now, if you want to really see how to get someone off a train…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IITBWVsj24I&context=C2f435ADOEgsToPDskIY4ZHFQb4unLR1yrhS5u-t[/video]

boblo
    Free Member

He’s not a lad.

Fair point. I was trying to be polite. Use the term ‘arrogant selfish fcker’ instead please.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

boblo – Member

I don’t. But I also don’t think it’s right for everyone else to pay the price and the lad to be treated as some sort of victim who’s rights take precedence over everyone else he happens to encounter.

And who is saying that?

legend
    Free Member

So all you people who think it was OK to assault the lad. I hate people who park illegally. is it oK for me to assault tehm to make tehm move their car to a legal space? If not why not as you think its OK for this lad to be assaulted?

the 19y/o ‘lad’ was somewhere he shouldn’t have been – so gets ejected
    the car is somewhere it shouldn’t be – so gets ejected

Simples, although highly annoying when you don’t realise you’ve made an @rse of it and Edinburgh City Council **** off with your car 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Boblo – I have intervened when needed and I am sure I will do again. Both dealing with antisocial behaviour and with stopping violence.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So legend I can tow an illegally parked car away and chuck it in the river? Glad to hear that

donsimon
    Free Member

Both dealing with antisocial behaviour and with stopping violence.

How can you do that without assaulting anyone?

boblo
    Free Member

TJ I simply can’t be bothered to try…. As the Loreal ad goes… ‘Cos, You’re not worth it…’. No offence and all that.

donsimon
    Free Member

A spot of music anyone?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So its Ok to assault a fare dodger but not a illegal parker?

bobbyg81
    Free Member

An illegal parker isn’t inconveniencing a whole train of people.

legend
    Free Member

So legend I can tow an illegally parked car away and chuck it in the river? Glad to hear that

yeah go nuts.

although in the context of this thread, a platform isn’t quite as bad as a river (unless the platform is Croy) so doesn’t really lend weight to any arguement

donsimon
    Free Member

An illegal parker isn’t inconveniencing a whole train of people.

But it IS inconveniencing TJ and you know what that means, don’t you?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I don’t think he’s been convicted of assault yet has he TJ?

retro83
    Free Member

kaesae – Member
    I’m gonig to go with NO, D’OH!

Simply because he just gave authorisation for a complete stranger to have control over the situation

Not only is he responsible for everything the bigman does after that point, he has also escalated the situation and lost all the control that he had.

Genius!!!

Eh? I said nothing at all to do with what happened after

I was replying to your rather rambling post where you said the ‘big man’ should have ‘varifyed’ the ticket for himself. No need, as the conductor has already done so, and given that he is in a position of authority in this situation it is totally reasonably to trust his judgement.

kaesae – Member
    HAHAHA! HEEHEEHEE!! HOHOHO!!!

I’m sure there will be a lot of mixed feelings and opinions on this matter/incident.

However the bigman did not check the ticket for himself or even attempt to understand what was going on, he looked over checked the size of the guy and then intervened.

Had it been necessary to call the police and had the smaller man/youth tried to leave the scene, then intervention would have been acceptable.

However to act like that, without even varifying the information on the ticket or trying to gain a better understanding of the situation before choosing a course of action, is illogical as well as irrisponsible and can only be applauded by fools.

THERE WILL BE NO SHORTAGE OF APPLAUSE!!!

It is necessary that we come to understand situations before we choose our courses of action, if your parents or culture has not taught you to respect that simple obvious fact, then they have failed to teach you something of great value and importance in life!

I would have to at this point wonder, what else they have failed to teach you
    Posted 14 seconds ago # Report-Post

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I don’t think he’s been convicted of assault yet has he TJ?

He’s been convicted in the court of TJ, and thats enough 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 307 total)

The topic ‘Fare-Dodger 'may' take legal action……’ is closed to new replies.