Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 307 total)
  • Fare-Dodger 'may' take legal action……
  • hora
    Free Member

Roight ‘may’ huh. Family are you or not (not I bet)…typical media trolling again me thinks..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fare-dodger-insists-did-ticket-122745692.html

davidrussell
    Free Member

This guys story has changed more times than i can remember over the past few days. First he had no ticket and no money, then he had money in his bag, then he was sold two incorrect tickets, then he was diabetic, then he was half asleep and drunk on the train. none of it adds up – give us a break.

I actually feel sorry for “big man.” he acted in the heat of the moment and now he is in the spotlight and his Christmas is ruined because this guys dad wants him charged. i’ll bet that smug wee prick is lying too and will quietly be chuckling to himself about it.

hora
    Free Member

TBH considering the Conductor was only doing his job and his age I’d have slapped my son round the head for his attitude and swearing (without provocation).

He seemed ‘spoilt’? Maybe explains his Dads comments.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Regardless of his crime (details of which seem to keep changing), he is probably perfectly entitled to press assault charges.

thepurist

I reckon the case will get thrown out of court… by a big man.

vinnyeh

if my son came back like that and told me that story, I’d tell him on one hand that he was a complete idiot and deserved to be removed from the train but would press for charges as the reponse was not proportionate to the offence.

If my son came back and told that story I’d give him a couple of whisky’s, drag him face down across the patio, then call the papers with a story.

When someone says they ‘may take legal action’ isn’t that code for ‘we know we don’t really have a leg to stand on, but if you pay us a wee bit of cash we’ll go away and keep quiet, save you the publicity’?

duckman

He would appear to have a fair old mark…Still a nob. Scotrail should ban him from using their services because of the way he talks to their staff.

davidrussell
    Free Member

i thought the marks looked remarkably fresh considering it took place on dec 9th…..

hora
    Free Member

vinnyeh I came to that conclusion on your last para’.

Theres also the situation that the Father didn’t actually say anything of the sort and the press have just made it up/or twisted it.

The lad was lucky. I bet if the train was held up for longer and other passengers asked why there is a fair chance he’d have received a more physical response.

scaredypants

the “big guy” was doing OK IMO til he threw him onto the platform – not looking great after that

where is the pic of his face ?

Sancho
    Free Member

yes very fresh injuries, but hopefully the big man will be arrested, and locked up for assault, the young jolly scamp will get compensation and justice will be done, and we will all sleep soundly knowing that next time we dont want to pay for a ticket, we can shout our mouth off swear at the conductor, and get away with whatever we like.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope that any time a fellow passenger decides he doesn’t like me he can’t just assault me and get away with it*

* this is devil’s advocate, to illustrate why members of the public are NOT ALLOWED to take the law into their own hands, no matter how righteous we think we are.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I think he should take legal action against the conductor for having the audacity to ask to see his ticket.

In fact, he should take the train operator to court for inconveniencing him while he was sitting there enjoying his free journey.

hora
    Free Member

I wonder if the train operator could take him to court for fare evasion???

davidrussell
    Free Member

as i said here, after the dust settles on this who is less likely to act as they did in future? sadly i think we all know the answer to that.

MrTall
    Free Member

My first thought when i saw the original video was that the Big Man would get into trouble for this.

If it had been me i would have asked the bloke to stop filming before i removed the scrote from the train. I have no problem with him being forceably removed, it’s the only way these arrogant abusive kids seem to understand. If if had been my son in the video i’d be marching him down to the ticket inspector to apologise for his behaviour.

The bloke who took the video had his 15 minutes on BBC1 breakfast as well didn’t he? And it’s now potentially caused a big problem to a man who was only trying to allow fellow passengers the chance to continue their journey. Ahh, the Youtube generation…..

hora
    Free Member

Agree. The only other solution would be to call the British Transport Police and everyone waits.

I imagine the lad would have had a wee bit more trouble if this was the case/had happened.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

This can’t be an uncommon incident (someone fare dodging) but the conductor didn’t seem to know how to handle it properly at all. Reminded me the “PC Stout” video. Irritating members of the public are pretty common but they should be dealt with professionally.

davidrussell
    Free Member

yeah, i’ll bet big man wishes that happened now (the BTP turning up that is)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shame big man threw him off the train, his actions were closer to excusable prior to that.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve been delayed for a long time waiting at the station for BTP to show up, its bloody annoying and if I’d ended up missing connections because of it, I’d be even more annoyed. If the kid didnt want to get thrown out he should of got off or made a better attempt at proving he had a ticket rather than shouting or swearing… would prosecuting the big man for assault be in the public interest? I think not…

legend
    Free Member

Nah I reckon the big man wishes he’d given him a proper slap. If he’s gonna get done anyway he might as well get done for actually doing something

cynic-al
    Free Member

whatnobeer – Member
    would prosecuting the big man for assault be in the public interest? I think not…

Just as long as these good willed citizens don’t get stabbed or whatever?

BoardinBob

the “big guy” was doing OK IMO til he threw him onto the platform

The wee arse was fighting to get back on the train so the big guy put him on the deck.

Personally I’d have thrown him under the train.

passtherizla
    Free Member

can’t seem to see a picture of the kids face….?

BoardinBob

No pics but you can see it in the various video interviews with him.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Just as long as these good willed citizens don’t get stabbed or whatever?

I’m sure he did a proper risk assessment before taking any action 😕

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

This is an interesting case in many ways. As much as (most) people would support the Big Man and would want him to act in that way if they were on the train, there is a simple fact that he (probably) did assault the guy in the end. Whether he used “reasonable force” and was authorised to do so as Z11 pointed out will be up to the courts.

In the end, I hope common sense prevails but expect that both may get charged. Let’s hope the fare dodger doesn’t get away with it, but the Big Man gets in trouble. I can see it happening though.

BoardinBob

Alternatively if sense prevails the police will have a quiet word with both of them

davidrussell
    Free Member

Alternatively if sense prevails the police will have a quiet word with both of them

my preferred outcome too. can one of the big hitters make it so?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They probably have but the media are feeding us all manner of bullshit now – don’t let anything get in the way of a good story…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Alternatively if justice prevails the scrote will get run over by a train.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

lets be honest, the reasonable course of action, one which ive witnessed many times is “no ticket? wont pay? well then transport police will be waiting for you at the next station”
    you only have to read some of the crap coming out of peoples keyboards on STW to realise that the general public are in no way qualified to act as judge and jury.

Rich
    Free Member

as i said here, after the dust settles on this who is less likely to act as they did in future? sadly i think we all know the answer to that.

I don’t think that’s a bad thing.
    People should keep their hands to themselves. 😛

mrblobby
    Free Member

Reckon if the big man is charged then he might be in trouble as the authorities can’t be seen to be condoning the public taking the law into their own hands. And righty so.

Also hope the wee chap is charged with somethig too as abusive behaviour should not be tolerated. Thanks to the actions of the big man though he’ll probably get away with it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Spot on Jonah

GlitterGary
    Free Member

well then transport police will be waiting for you at the next station”

Except they won’t be.

13thfloormonk

I hate to say it but I think the conductor was in the wrong for making it everybody’s problem in the first place. Why should everybody else be inconvenienced because First Scotrail are out £10? The whole thing could have been dealt with without stopping the train or requiring a member of public to take matters into their own hands…

globalti
    Free Member

The father needs to be prosecuted for his flagrant abuse of the present perfect simple tense: “He’s been thrown off, he’s tried to get back on…..”

poly
    Free Member

well then transport police will be waiting for you at the next station

The problem with that is the next stop is 4 minutes along the line, and is where the alleged fare dodger was intending to go to. BTP are at least 35 minutes from there (and depending on traffic and resources could be an hour), and local police would be 15-20 minutes away if nobody who happens to be nearby.

Bear in mind its not just the 100 people on that train who get delayed, but also all the passengers on Westbound trains (6 an hour through Linlithgow) and then all the passengers going the other way who don’t have a train to get on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 307 total)

The topic ‘Fare-Dodger 'may' take legal action……’ is closed to new replies.