Viewing 5 posts - 161 through 165 (of 165 total)
  • Farage and Clegg Round two here we go !
  • derekfish
    Free Member

The Logic goes, we withdraw, others follow, the whole thing has to be reshaped, back into what it once was, a free trade area, not a superstate. You live in Spain? I have lots of Spanish business friends, and acquaintances that would just love to be out of the Euro, never mind the Eu, their economy is shot, they are having a much worse time of it than us here, how long do you think they’d stay in if we pulled out?

athgray
    Free Member

I feel that for all it’s faults, essentially the EU makes Europe seem like a smaller place. Economic and social policies are intertwined amongst a range of countries. This and the free movement of people has lead to events in one country having an effect across the EU. If countries start pulling out we will have disparate states with little interest in what is occuring elsewhere. I would like to think events like the Balkans War would be less likely to occur within EU borders.
    The UK could be a major force and powerhouse in Europe, however a degree of scepticism is holding us back. In this I agree with mogrim.

athgray
    Free Member

Sorry. Double post.

grantway
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    grantway » s anyone else slightly amused by the fact that a lot of UKIPers seem to be the types that complain about the fat cats in London but then vote for aspirational policies (eg low taxes) because they figure they might get rich one day?
    Every little helps I suppose

Sorry Junkyard the above quote came from Tom_W1987 I only added, Every little helps I suppose 😉

derekfish
    Free Member

I hadn’t even touched on the free movement of workers, which i can see no reason not to leave in place, the problem for us is our reluctance to teach languages, one thing I ensured my kids did and they enjoyed the opportunity to work and learn in Europe. Free trade and free movement doesn’t need the level of central Bureaucracy to organise.

Viewing 5 posts - 161 through 165 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘Farage and Clegg Round two here we go !’ is closed to new replies.